Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if there's a thread on this already. Been hearing about certain problems arising from mazda3s and was wondering if anyone has taken their car back to the dealer so far and what problems were fixed. Also, hatchback or sedan. Just want to see if there's more problems for one type over the other. I went once to see if they could fix the heater in my sedan cause it took so long for my car to heat up, but they said it was normal (they were probably too lazy to fix it). Other than that, no problems have come up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What happened with SRS light? My gf 3 GS has the same problem..

And the stupid ABS/brake light problem too..

ED

·
Registered
396 Posts
something wrong with the sensor.
they have to remove the bumper and replace a part.

i only had one light (the one on the dash) that was faulty, not the one near the ashtray.

it took about and hour and a half.

the good part: Mazda refills fluids and WASHES your car.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Mmm... Car wash...

I got my free car wash when they replaced my entire gas tank assembly. Of course, all they were after was the fuel pump - that was an issue at day one, but didn't get it dealer replicated and mostly all the correct parts in until about 1700 miles.

Also got me a new battery after the first week.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Airbag light fixed and alignment done. Car pulled to the right and steering wheel was offset to the left.

·
Registered
19 Posts
With the car being manufactured in Japan and the apparent shortage of parts, how's the cost of Mazda 3 parts looking like? I read about a $700 fuel pump that was replaced under warranty. That scares me!

I remember with my brand new 93 MX-6, all was fine and dandy under the warranty period, but after those 80 000 clicks go by, I was on my own with a $800 distributor, a $600 locked rear brake caliper, a set of $200 spark plug wires, a $300 muffler replacement, $150 low profile tires, a $800 timing belt service (thank god the MZ3 has a chain!), and several other expensive issues. I guess the expensive parts are part and parcel of Mazda ownership as well as any other import, but man they do hurt after the warranty goes bye bye.

Are people buying any extended warranty plans with their MZ3's? I really wish I would have extended mine on my MX-6 when I got it first year out as it would have given me 3 more years. Even at $600 CDN extra, that would have covered a few things.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Who cares - it's a warranty part.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
airbag sensor replaced.

@HHBL
Like DJ told you...this is only little problems coming with a new car in it's first year and most weird problems happen at the beginning. If you're that scared then I would suggest you go buy a boring corolla....

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Airbag sensor which made the light go out.

Also had a discussion with the dealer about tire balance. They tried to talk me into it being the sport suspesion, yadayada.... in the end, the discussion wasn't worth the time since I will be rotating them soon anyhow. I'm alread pushing 3500 miles and at this rate will need to rotate them some time around April fools day.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
yeah, I'm pushing 3500 too. I'm going in for an oil change next week (I have a trip from San Francisco to LA next weekend).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Uh, okay, yeah, who cares I guess. It's only money, and we've got plenty of that! By the way, those "weird" parts I listed on my MX-6 (first model year vehicle) were needing to be replaced juuuust after the warranty expired so they weren't covered. I guess the possibility of expensive replacement parts in the future are just not an issue with Mazda 3 owners hey? :D Meh, zoom zoom and all that. :wink:

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
no, that's what extended warranties are for.

·
Registered
396 Posts
anyone have trouble starting the car (long crank time before the engine finally turns over) and actually got it fixed???

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
6_funk said:
anyone have trouble starting the car (long crank time before the engine finally turns over) and actually got it fixed???
Search for "fuel pump". You'll find it. ;)

·
Registered
208 Posts
Just a rattle

My driver's side door is rattleing like a mother. It sounds like something inside the door is knocking aginst the window, its more of a taping sound than a rattle.
I'm putting it off until my first oil change, or I get the fancy rear-view mirror installed. I told the dealer the day after I bought the car. Otherwise everything seems to be in fine shape.

Cheers,

·
Registered
296 Posts
Airbag senor replaced
Brakes replaced

waiting to resolve the cranking problem. Bring back my car to the dealer tomorrow for the 3rd time. This time, the guy told me to print the "cranking problem" posts from this board and let them look at it.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Yeah, the rattle in my passenger door is CRAZY loud now. It makes me want to kick them for telling me all they could locate was "loose change in the center console" last time I was there.

Now all of my friends agree it's annoying.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Let me know

DJ, Let me know what they do to fix the door rattle. At first I thought it was comming from the seat belt, but after this weekend I'm positive it's the window. Something is tapping that thing over rough roads. I may mine in this weekend, but most likely it will be when the 3000 mile oil change is due.

Cheers,

1 - 20 of 36 Posts