Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
summer tires ftl. rwd sucks too.

all these idiots got stuck in a few inches of snow and abandoned their cars. my poor little fwd mazda3 hatch with dunlop m3's had no problem whatsoever.

driving home the night before, all the people abandoning their cars on the side of the road and walking home in the pouring snow gave me really funny stares as i drove up the hill past them without any problems whatsoever. there was even a guy "directing" cars at the bottom of the hill, telling me to "turn around, your car wont make it up the hill" :bunnyd:

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
why dont you put your location in so we can tell where it is? Snow dosent stop traffic in Chicago but if your in soCal or Atlanta it would make more sense.

·
Premium Member
2,719 Posts
are you kidding me! what the hell? thats ridiculous... maybe there was a party in the forest, and everyone just parked their car on the road...

·
Registered
9,451 Posts
Yeah around here if that was threatening people would trade their first born kid for gas, toilet paper, milk, bread and drive 20mph under the speed limit, but it certainly wouldn't stop anyone (other then the rare idiot who drives 20mph OVER the speed limit and crashes).

I mean, people get a little crazy around here (like what the rush on T, M & B? Do people only stock like a pint of milk a half a loaf of bread and one roll of TP??? Its not like it is threatening 3ft or something), but it really almost never stops someone unless we have more then 3" of accumulation on the roads themselves (and no plowing) or some serious freezing conditions.
-Matt

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
If they were to tell me it was gonna snow, I'd run to the store and stock up on beer, fuck bread and milk and toilet paper. If I'm gonna be stuck somewhere with no power, I'd better be drunk.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
[quote author=Kodos link=topic=71130.msg1249912#msg1249912 date=1173124200]
If they were to tell me it was gonna snow, I'd run to the store and stock up on beer, fuck bread and milk and toilet paper. If I'm gonna be stuck somewhere with no power, I'd better be drunk.
[/quote]

LMAO - so true, so true.

[quote author=edrection link=topic=71130.msg1249510#msg1249510 date=1173112705]
why dont you put your location in so we can tell where it is? Snow dosent stop traffic in Chicago but if your in soCal or Atlanta it would make more sense.
[/quote]

+1

Where are you bani? This isn't the first time you've posted the "Idiots in Snow" pics (different batches it would seem), which are BTW some of the the funniest pics I've seen being that I'm from Socal and all I can think about was the time in like 1992 or so when it snowed in the LA Basin and it was PURE comedy!

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
[quote author=phan95 link=topic=71130.msg1251034#msg1251034 date=1173155654]
Go figured half of those people work for Microsoft :klavergreg:
[/quote]

They walk in the snow with their feet and they code with them too.

·
Registered
345 Posts
[quote author=edrection link=topic=71130.msg1249510#msg1249510 date=1173112705]
[/quote]
If it was ATL, you would have heard of regional shortage of eggs, bread, milk and TP!

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
[quote author=phan95 link=topic=71130.msg1251034#msg1251034 date=1173155654]
Go figured half of those people work for Microsoft :klavergreg:
[/quote]

They just pulled out their segways with off road tires and took that to microsoft HQ's
:bunnyd: :bunnyd:

·
Registered
15,112 Posts
That's not snow... its slush. If people can't drive in that..... stay home! :shock: My god, I've driven in MUCH MUCH worse conditions than that. Try about 6" -8" of snow on the freeway before the plows really get a good chance to clean the roads.... when all you are driving in are ruts...

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
RWD is better in snow that fwd, and the fact that those people were probably over confident drivers who think they can drive through anything. And getting stuck in 2" of snow? Come on now, my stock tires up a hill can take it with no problem.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts