Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my Mz3 for about a week now and am wondering what would void the warranty? I'm thinking things like catbacks, strut braces, vented brakes, sway bars, intakes, wheels, springs or coilovers. What, if anything, would do it? The reason why I ask is because I got the 6yr/100,000 warranty at a great deal, but does that mean I'm out of luck as far as mods go.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
If a mod is the culprit of a damage, it will be voided. It is a dealer decision overall though.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Yeah, like if you put in a cold air intake, and your trunk doesn't close well any more, so you need to get it fixed, if the dealer is reasonable they'll realize there's no way a cai will prevent you from closing your trunk.

But if you put a mod chip of sorts in, and there's a costly engine failure, say goodbye to the warranty.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Kazbaeden said:
Yeah, like if you put in a cold air intake, and your trunk doesn't close well any more, so you need to get it fixed, if the dealer is reasonable they'll realize there's no way a cai will prevent you from closing your trunk.

But if you put a mod chip of sorts in, and there's a costly engine failure, say goodbye to the warranty.
That's why I won't mod my car's performance or suspension for the fear of voiding my warranty. I invested a lot of money into this car and don't want it to go to pieces if anything goes wrong. I plan on keeping this vehicle for a long time. However, I'll enjoy looking at your modified vehicle for the enticement effect :p .

Spencer

1 - 4 of 4 Posts