Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently bought a mazda 3 2004 hatchback and I'm not sure what I can do with it to make it more appealing? Any suggestions would be great.

Thank you

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've recently bought a mazda 3 2004 hatchback and I'm not sure what I can do with it to make it more appealing? Any suggestions would be great.

Thank you
I’m in the same boat I just got it a few months ago… and I just bought her some wheels

·
Registered
1 Posts
Aight here's a list of some mods that could be good some ricer stuff some performance stuff. The engine sounds really nice and deep for it only being a 4 banger and a nice muffler could maybe 4 or 5 hp but more importantly some good sounds. If you got money to drop a nice cat back performance exhaust could 10-15hp as well as an even better sound.

Getting an air intake is always recommended. Those induction noises are beautiful.

Before you do any mods however you should def do an oil change and swap out ur sparkplugs

More advanced performance mods:
Coilovers
Lightweight flywheel
Engine mounts
Performance clutch (sometimes called stage 2 or stage 3 doesn't rly matter what stage)
A standalone ecu
High flow fuel pump
Bigger fuel injectors and fuel rail
New rotors calibers and brake pads

Ricer stuff
Interrior under seat glow lights
Sub and amp
Touchscreen media controller in console
Mud flaps
Wrap/paint?
Body kit although these are very hard to find for mazda 3s

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Getting an air intake is always recommended. Those induction noises are beautiful.
I have to completely disagree. On a non-turbo car, the factory intake is without a doubt the most efficient intake you can get. It draws actual cold air into the engine from right behind the bumper, instead of hot air from the engine bay.

Aftermarket so called "CAI", or Cold Air Intakes are actually HAI's, or Hot Air Intakes. Aftermarket intakes will lower your horsepower, not increase it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Aight here's a list of some mods that could be good some ricer stuff some performance stuff. The engine sounds really nice and deep for it only being a 4 banger and a nice muffler could maybe 4 or 5 hp but more importantly some good sounds. If you got money to drop a nice cat back performance exhaust could 10-15hp as well as an even better sound.

Before you do any mods however you should def do an oil change and swap out ur sparkplugs

More advanced performance mods:
Coilovers
Lightweight flywheel
Engine mounts
Performance clutch (sometimes called stage 2 or stage 3 doesn't rly matter what stage)
A standalone ecu
High flow fuel pump
Bigger fuel injectors and fuel rail
New rotors calibers and brake pads

Ricer stuff
Interrior under seat glow lights
Sub and amp
Touchscreen media controller in console
Mud flaps
Wrap/paint?
Body kit although these are very hard to find for mazda 3s
Thank you so much! My car is in for mot tomorrow so hopefully that doesn't cost much then I can move on to making my car actually mine through mods

·
Registered
106 Posts
If you want to do mods to make it yours, you could even do simple mods like changing the trim colors, halos, shift knobs, lighting. Those mini mods count.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts