Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
rims are good? I dont know what good brands there are.

I have no experience with rims and Im saving up for rims right now. hah.. i am thinking bronze on the white hatch. im not really sure how the offset and all that stuff works either..If someone could just help me out, I would be stoked. Thanks.

· Registered
17,140 Posts
What is your budget? Are you looking for 17 or 18" rims?

There is some great info in the wheel/tire section. Check the stickies.

As a quick reference, an ideal offset is 45 - 50. Bolt pattern of 5x114.3 and hub bore of 67.1. If you have questions on fitment, post it up in the "will this fit" thread.

Good luck in your decision/purchase!

· Registered
262 Posts
You should do some searching through the stickies, and through this section. As for what rims are good depends on what you want to spend on a rim. Here is a small list of some companies. Racing Hart, Volks, Enkies, Moteri, Work, Konig, BBS. Take your time and select rims that will look good, don't just change the stockers for the sake of changing them. :)

· Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[quote author=LaraW link=topic=140050.msg3018685#msg3018685 date=1238082429]
$1,200 with tires is fairly reasonable. Hit up http://www.discounttiredirect.com/ or similar companies for package pricing. You can probably get a nice set of lower-end Enkeis with tires for that price.
[/quote]

are these better than Rotas? Sorry.

Is it better to get 17s or 18s?

· Registered
17,140 Posts
You should have no problem finding a nice set of rims/tires for that price.

Enkei's are better than Rota's in my opinion. I have Rota's and they are fine for what they are.

Check out wheeldude.com if you're interested in them.

· Registered
39,367 Posts
IMO I'd chose Enkei over Rota.

As for the 17" vs. 18" debate... it is all up to you. A 17" wheel is going to lend itself as being lighter than it's 18" counterpart. Some want the performance advantages of a 17" wheel, while others like the cosmetic advantage of an 18" wheel.

· Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[quote author=danielj link=topic=140050.msg3018706#msg3018706 date=1238082775]
You should have no problem finding a nice set of rims/tires for that price.

Enkei's are better than Rota's in my opinion. I have Rota's and they are fine for what they are.

Check out wheeldude.com if you're interested in them.
[/quote]

I just want the best rim that I can get for my money. I was thinking 17x7.5, is that pretty common?

· Registered
814 Posts
Seeing as you have a hatch, I'd go with 18". 17" is ok for a sedan but a bit small for a hatch. You could probably get some Enkeis, 5Zigens with tires for around $1200 if you shop around.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.