Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of today I still have my stock 17s on my MZ6 but my tires I ordered from Discount tire will be here tomorrow. Getting some Yokohama Parada Spec-2 (215/40/18). Going on some 18in Eracers from Maxxim Wheels. 8)

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Fancy hubcapped steelies and Michelin all-seasons.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Just a question. How does it perform if I get a mazda3 1.6L and put on a 17" wheel?. Will it produce enough toque to drive it smoothly?.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
PRO: 195/60/R15 - Yoko Avid touring (The stock Potenzas RE92 195/55/15 wore off in 14 mths)

MAXI: 205/60/15 (I think)
Front: Motomaster something
Rear: Goodyear Eagle 2 (I think)

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sengkt said:
Just a question. How does it perform if I get a mazda3 1.6L and put on a 17" wheel?. Will it produce enough toque to drive it smoothly?.
I really don't know about mazda 1.6 performance. I had a similar size engine in my 1994 civic coupe. 17inch rims did effect my of the line speed. But once moving you don't notice the difference. Handling is alot better tho.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Thanks ALT, so it's comfirm that I'll be putting in one of these 17" for my new Mazda 3 :)...Hopefully it won't effect the 0-100km/hr time too much.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also if you are into auto sports such as Drag racing or Autocrossing you can always go with a smaller wheel, but if its for a street look go with the cool 17s.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Traded in my celi for my new 3 and am keeping my Volk Racing GT-n's in gunmetal with 225/40/zr18 falken fk-451 tires for the 3. Should look sweet with the Ti Silver!

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
I want the dunlop sp sport 9000s. They are summer tires :p. They look awesome and they have good reviews on tirerack. When I have 600$ to replace my tires, then I will get em. Also, have to get rims...

·
Registered
168 Posts
Kumho ECSTA Supra 712 on 15" alloys for the 'teg, stock 15" Dunlops on steelies for the MPV. For winter, 15" Yoko IG10s on the MPV, & 14" Yoko S420 (?, they're about 5yrs old) on 'teg.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
Stock 17" with Yokohama AVS winter and the stock RS-A during summer until I used them. Then I'll be able to have a better summer tire.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Check my post

http://mazda3forums.com/viewtopic.php?t=1104

As long as you follow this formula, you can put any size tire/wheel combo you want on your 3, as long as you maintain the overal diameter of the combo, you will not affect performance.

NOTE: If you buy new wheels for your 3, make sure that the wheels that you buy weigh LESS than the wheels that are currently on your car, or else you COULD affect your performance. (think flywheel). If you buy new wheels that weigh LESS than your current wheels, you could actually IMPROVE your performance (albeit slightly) by reducing "unsprung" weight.

If you have any questions, let me know.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts