Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im trying to figure out what a good high quality speaker is, ive had blaupunkt and infinity up untill now and I would like to upgrade, anyone have any suggestions for high end components? I was told that the boston acoustics stuff is good and that I should get the fs80 model from them but other opinions would be great! :) (oh and looking for quality and clairity over quantity)

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hahahah yeah the boston acoustics actually kinda scare me just because they look no different then a stock speaker, and since i don't actually KNOW if/that they are good then it seems risky to buy them.

thanks tho ill check those out i don't think ive really seen any of those names around here, CDT posisbly

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
do you think the boston acoustics would sound better then my blaupunkt overdrive component set and infinity kappa 5and 1/4? cause im trying to decide if I should just put the 5-1/4s in or if i should get these boston acoustics ones
....how about alpine type r' ? ive got a type R 12" sub right now...would that complement it nicely? or is alpine simply a name more then a quality speaker? and from what you saw how easy did it look to modify the loaction for a 6-1/2 instead of a 5X7?

thanks again for all the help and suggestions, been great.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Alrighty thanks alot, looks like what ill be doing (for now anyway) is just putting in my amp and sub and sticking with the stock HU speakers etc....since i leave for school in january money is about to be really tight but my system plan will be to have 6.5" focal components in the front powered by a nice amp and leave the stock speakers in the back with only enough signal to provide a small amount of rear fill
thanks alot for your help though! been great :)

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
price was a bit of a factor tho lol, didn't have the 1000CDN that the store watned for the k2s, they didn't even stock the utopias lol. but i heard thse polyglass ones and as far as i can tell they sound amazing so i think they will probably suit me just fine :D i figure ill install the tweeters in the same spot that the stock ones go

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.