Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be better suited for the exterior lighting section, but wasnt sure since this is on a mazdaspeed.

Either way, I just added on the Apexcone kit and saw something on my drivers side headlight assembly, but I dont know what it is. Its some sort of adjusting looking thing, but it also looks electric, since it has a harness plug on the top. I also only have it on the drivers side. The passenger side just has a screw in its place for adjusting. Well here are some pics, let me know what you think.

·
Registered
593 Posts
[quote author=TruboPower link=topic=71124.msg1248784#msg1248784 date=1173068869]
It's for the leveling motors... you know the one by the DSC button.. raises the lights up and down..
[/quote]

Yep, I'm will ing to bet that's where the european/jdm auto leveling controller/module would plug in...

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
See I was wondering if thats what it was, but I dont have the factory HID with the leveling switch. So I wonder if they left one on by mistake or something.

·
Registered
948 Posts
All us sports have it. I didnt check the pass. side, you say it doesnt have the same orange connector? Oh well no self leveling for me i guess.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well i dont know about that. I have been looking into the leveler thing. There is another thread discussing it now http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=50187.0

But as it turns out, the harness is already there in the dash for the leveler switch, just need the switch itself. I look to already have one motor there on the drivers side, and may need to buy the other which could be a bit pricy I am sure. Especially considering mazdas mark up. But it looks like the stopping point is with the engine bay harness. It doesnt appear that we have the electrical connections under the hood to go to the motors. Theres the bummer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts