Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i installed my fujita F5 CAI in october, and today my CEL came on. checked the code and it said somethin with the MAF. opened the hood, and saw this dangling and i cannot seem to find where it belongs....any help?!

·
Registered
860 Posts
That is the barometric pressure sensor. It is only in the MZ3 from 2004-2005 they removed it in 2006+. It gets mounted somewhere close to where the MAF is but doesn't plug into anything other then the way it is right now. Most the intakes have a little bracket or hole for the sensor to mount to. I know the AEM and Injen have it.

·
Registered
13,894 Posts
well its your MAF thats causing it. Its the one that is plugged into the CAI. Anyway go to autozone and get the code read and post up the number for it. It can be a number of things:

your filter got wet (will go away after a few days)
your MAF is dirty (get some cleaner, like $8 at autozone)
your MAF is on its way out (~$100 of a new one)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok so i went and bought some cleaner, took off the MAF and noticed what could possible be the problem. so you have wires that go into the the harness for the MAF, well of them were pulled out.....now i have no idea how to fix this.....any ideas?

·
Registered
36,001 Posts
Harness needs to be repinned. Same thing happened to me and the dealer charged me about $100 to repin it. To prevent this from happening again in the future, unplug the wiring loom from your battery box in both locations. That'll give the MAF wires enough slack so when you're engine moves, it wont rip the wires.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
that sensor measures the air pressure outside the engine so that the one inside the engine on the intake mani has something to reference to.

Honda's have done this for years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts