Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, does anyone know what the weight of a speed 3 is? I need this info for dynolicious on the iPhone. I think it's around 3000 but would like an exact number. Thanks

·
Registered
452 Posts
On the chassis scale with 1/2 tank of fuel mine was 3260. Fuel is 6.5 lbs/gal, remember to add the weight of the passengers (you included)

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
make sure you add your own weight, fuel (roughly 6.5lb/gal = ~90lb on a full tank), assorted fluids (lolz...probably another 50lbs) and any other stuff you have inside the car.

EDIT: whoops...corrected for wrong gasoline weight per gallon...byron is right.

·
Registered
25,357 Posts
Mine weighed in @ 3104 with 64% of the weight up front with probably 2 or 3 gallons in the tank, spare tire still in the car, and a few other items, flash light, jumper cables, blanket, gps, etc, etc.

·
Registered
452 Posts
OOPS I went back and checked and you are right I thought it was 3260 it was 3160 and yes 63.5% of the weight was on the front axle.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Mine weighed in at 3064 lbs with the spare removed and 1/2 tank of gas. The spare only weighs 30 lbs, and the gas would be another 50 lbs, so that's 3144 all loaded up. That's for a sport, not GT, if it makes a difference.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts