Mazda3 Forums banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
8,599 Posts
Haven 't maxed out my 2007 Mazda 3 Hatch. Daily driver and all.

I previously owned a 1996 Mazda Miata that did 110 on the track with the following mods: Ram Air intake(Randall Cowl Induction), ported OEM header, exhaust, cam, lots of suspension work and chassis reinforcement.

I was limited to 110 because of the track's configuration. We came into the straight out of a long left hand turn (70-75mph through the turn) and only had about 50 meters before we had to slam on the brakes to get around the bus stop (90 degree turns, left, right, right, left) which broke up the straightaway to keep the speeds manageable. Some of the FI Miatas were walking away from me on the straights, so I'm not sure how fast they got with 60-100 extra horsepower.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've done 156 in Germany a couple of times with my 3 MPS... but I think it's limited, because it just stops pulling there for some reason.

·
Registered
52 Posts
90MPH, so take that Cinimod! ;) I didn't buy my 3s for it's top speed. I do like to go fast but I have to have the right tires, the right road, no passengers and a totally deserted road in the middle of no where. I won't street race and I won't risk someone else's life because I like to go fast. I would prefer to cut the corners hard and push the envelope that way.

·
Registered
14,002 Posts
This past weekend in SC (very very very flat roads, nothing around etc.) I decided to see what happens when you hit the limit. Oddly enough last time I tried I couldn't get it to accelerate up to 115, but this time I did.

Funny thing is, the truck that I waited on that was ahead of me was also certainly going 100mph haha (it is literally out in the middle of no where).

I wont lie, it's rather uneventful.. You get it up to 115 and it just kind of hovers there. Engine is making lots of racket, but still doesn't seem very "fast" lol
I just was curious if it actually DID anything, it doens't, just sits at the limit, no lights, warnings, beeps, etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have to agree. My 08 mazda 3 gets to 115 and then its uneventful. Now what is fun is taking my bike to top speed. after 115 mph the whole bike raises ever so slightly because the tires grow going that fast. It keeps on pulling until you get too scared to continue. That and the wind give the most thrilling high speed run!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Top speed for 2010MY Mazda 3 SP25 2.5L

In Australia I managed to pull with the speed limiter 220km/hr
The fuel consumption in the SP25 2010MY Mazda 3 is horrible for those who are looking to buy on compared to the normal Mazda 3....

Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Greetings everyone,

I have been curious for a while what the top speed of my Mazda3 is, so I thought I'd start a thread and see what others have been able to reach. There is no reason to exaggerate here, there is no prize. :)

I currently own the 2012 Mazda3 SkyActiv and haven't had a chance to see what it can do yet, but my former car was the 2010 Mazda3 GS. I'm planning a road trip down the west coast to San Diego this summer and hoping for a chance to get my car out on a proper track to see what it can do. I will post a new speed when I do.

I'm looking forward to seeing what y'all have achieved!

| YEAR | MODEL | ENGINE, TRANS, MODS | TOP SPEED |

2010 - Mazda3 GS - 2.0L, Automatic Transmission, no mods - 191km/hr
Why is my 2004 mazda 3 going 140mph

41 - 48 of 48 Posts