Mazda3 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
14,002 Posts
^ that must've taken one hell of a flat and straight road lol....

I think I've gone near 110mph before once on a mountain run, and after going into 5th I remembered 5th is a severe enough overdrive that I started losing speed hahaha, so I backed off and hit a crest going way to fast. +1 for downforce.

·
Registered
238 Posts
198mph? I find 198 a little hard to believe in a stock skyactiv. I'm thinking more of 150mph
Mitch13 is in Canada, so I think he means 198 km/hr which translates to about 123 miles/hr.

I hope you dudes are testing on a track, an abandoned airport, or the autobahn. On the right roads, I find these Mazdas fun to drive even at 40 mph. (That's about 64 km/hr for you Canadians) :smokinamd2:

·
Registered
331 Posts
122mph in a stock 06 hatchback 2.3 on a very slight downhill highway, will never do it again, came to realize its not worth hitting uneven pavement and killing yourself, just my opinion though haha

·
Registered
210 Posts
Mitch13 is in Canada, so I think he means 198 km/hr which translates to about 123 miles/hr.

I hope you dudes are testing on a track, an abandoned airport, or the autobahn. On the right roads, I find these Mazdas fun to drive even at 40 mph. (That's about 64 km/hr for you Canadians) :smokinamd2:
I started to think that after I posted it. Lol

·
Registered
210 Posts
There a crew in Texas call Texas track works and the host big drift events at an airstrip but they also have grip attacks for our type cars and one mile straight away for top speed. Itsfunnnn

·
Registered
372 Posts
^ that must've taken one hell of a flat and straight road lol....
Actually, if you saw the road, you'd probably hit me for being an idiot. It's not bad when you're driving 50, but you still wish you had a truck's soft suspension to boat over it. And you're right, fifth has no pull uphill.

My problem with the stock Mazda 3 is that it's a really smooth, fun drive. You just go BraaghWaaaughWaaaugh through 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and you're already doing 100 without redlining and you've got another gear you wish you could play with... Hence why I want another, flat, straight, closed-off track to see what the rest of it feels like.

When I switched from my 2000 Mazda MPV to the 3, I experienced for the first time what it meant to pass people on the interstate. :smile: MZ3Driver is right, these cars are just fun, no matter what speed you're driving at.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Actually, if you saw the road, you'd probably hit me for being an idiot. It's not bad when you're driving 50, but you still wish you had a truck's soft suspension to boat over it. And you're right, fifth has no pull uphill.

My problem with the stock Mazda 3 is that it's a really smooth, fun drive. You just go BraaghWaaaughWaaaugh through 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and you're already doing 100 without redlining and you've got another gear you wish you could play with... Hence why I want another, flat, straight, closed-off track to see what the rest of it feels like.

When I switched from my 2000 Mazda MPV to the 3, I experienced for the first time what it meant to pass people on the interstate. :smile: MZ3Driver is right, these cars are just fun, no matter what speed you're driving at.
That happens to me every single time I get on the highway. I go to what I think is 1/3 pedal and then I look down and I'm rolling 85+. Oops :smiler::smiler:

As for me, I hit 122 a few times but I always start running out of straights. Definitely looking forward to getting the Hypertech in and seeing what she can do

·
Registered
6 Posts

Yes sorry i should have mentioned this was km/hr and i was on a backroad highway i know quite well late at night, no one was around so i tried it out, unfortunately at 198 i hit the break because i was coming up on a corner, i promised a pic , uploading it now ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1364164732.343478.jpg

As well i will try to see if i can find a top out point, there was more to be had so im curious, as well i seen some people above mentioning about 5th being to hard of a pull, i was in 6th at the time and it never took too long to get to that speed quite inpressed for the car

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was told by a tech at the dealership I frequent that my car doesn't have a limiter. I am wondering if the limiters are just on the American versions of the car?

Anyone in Canada had a chance to test this?
Ive had mine doin 198kmhr about 123 mph, from canada , proof in the above post so no i dont think its limited, if it is its awful high

·
Registered
348 Posts
^haha

I have hit 135mph in 4th gear at 7000rpms with a rev limit of 7400.

I think if I got into 5th and continued to pull, the earodynamics to power ratio would be the ultimate constricting factor. I would not be able to see what the top speed in 5th at 7400rpms would be. with my power I could maybe break 150mph.

that said I dont know why i would ever attempt to push my car that fast. unless there's an apocalypse haha. no race will hit those speeds, or go for that long :lol: and i would need one smooth even road and appropiate modifications just to... move at higher number? not worth it. my focus is how quick i can get there.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Yes sorry i should have mentioned this was km/hr and i was on a backroad highway i know quite well late at night, no one was around so i tried it out, unfortunately at 198 i hit the break because i was coming up on a corner, i promised a pic , uploading it now View attachment 64177

As well i will try to see if i can find a top out point, there was more to be had so im curious, as well i seen some people above mentioning about 5th being to hard of a pull, i was in 6th at the time and it never took too long to get to that speed quite inpressed for the car

Put yo damn seat belt on boy! You iz gonna die! ;)

·
Registered
486 Posts
Speed kills. Ask Ayrton Senna or Dan Wheldon. Do yourself and everyone around you a favor and keep it under 80. It's just dumb to do any faster out on the streets. Be safe.
If you're scared to drive, do yourself and to many many many others a big favor and just stay at home :)

·
Registered
486 Posts
'08 mz3 manual transs CAI 118mph so far, very soon from Dynotronics will get a tune and will do a test of speed with no speed limiter and rised RPMs :)

·
Registered
464 Posts
I cruise at 80-85 regularly on the beltway, and that's becoming the norm for most drivers when there isn't traffic.

In regards to the speed governor, just focus on driving the car and predict/assess every possibility if you go for it. Your stopping distance and reaction time are longer at those speeds. just food for thought. When I hit the limiter, I am not talking, I have both hands on the wheel and I am driving defensively, albeit in an offensive manner, but they say the best defense is a good offense.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts