Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings everyone,

I have been curious for a while what the top speed of my Mazda3 is, so I thought I'd start a thread and see what others have been able to reach. There is no reason to exaggerate here, there is no prize. :)

I currently own the 2012 Mazda3 SkyActiv and haven't had a chance to see what it can do yet, but my former car was the 2010 Mazda3 GS. I'm planning a road trip down the west coast to San Diego this summer and hoping for a chance to get my car out on a proper track to see what it can do. I will post a new speed when I do.

I'm looking forward to seeing what y'all have achieved!

| YEAR | MODEL | ENGINE, TRANS, MODS | TOP SPEED |

2010 - Mazda3 GS - 2.0L, Automatic Transmission, no mods - 191km/hr

·
Registered
589 Posts
| YEAR | MODEL | ENGINE, TRANS, MODS | TOP SPEED |
2010 - Mazda3 GS - 2.0L, Automatic Transmission, no mods - 191km/hr
2005 - Mazda3 2.0L Active, Manual, no mods, stock engine - 225km/hr

·
Registered
589 Posts
Proof... :)

·
Registered
589 Posts
I'm from The Netherlands -> Europe....
We don't have a rev of top speed limiter....... :crazy: :absinthe: :csweeney:

·
Registered
20 Posts
06 Mazda 3i, 2.0L manual trans. Currently computer-limited at 117mph, unfortunately.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was told by a tech at the dealership I frequent that my car doesn't have a limiter. I am wondering if the limiters are just on the American versions of the car?

Anyone in Canada had a chance to test this?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Speed kills. Ask Ayrton Senna or Dan Wheldon. Do yourself and everyone around you a favor and keep it under 80. It's just dumb to do any faster out on the streets. Be safe.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Yes dad......... :p :lol:

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Pulled one of the ABS/Hub sensor fuses, this removed the function of reading vehicle speed. So no speed governor. Plugged in the VBOX and set it to GPS/Speed mode. Hit 130mph in the deserts of California easily. I figure with the way my car is setup, 140mph is achievable with no issue.

·
Registered
589 Posts
140Mph -> 224Km/h.......

So as in my picture above.. :) ;-)

·
Registered
321 Posts
I did 160 once.

Kilometers per hour that is.

·
Banned
729 Posts
[quote author=Tripleskate link=topic=204327.msg4191309#msg4191309 date=1330091277]
Pulled one of the ABS/Hub sensor fuses, this removed the function of reading vehicle speed. So no speed governor. Plugged in the VBOX and set it to GPS/Speed mode. Hit 130mph in the deserts of California easily. I figure with the way my car is setup, 140mph is achievable with no issue.
[/quote]

i need to know what you did here. i want to remove the speed sensor so i have no speed limiter but i still need to be able to monitor my speed

·
Registered
371 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Haha this is funny, I am not sure about the new Skyactiv's but unless you have the top speed and rev limiter removed the fastest a 3 will do is 118mph

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2012-mazda-3-i-touring-skyactiv-test-review

Says here that the Skyactiv can go 5 MPH faster (limited) than the old 2.0L. I can't personally attest to this though at this point haha
As funny as u find this i had my 2012 skyactive sport hatch 6mt doing 198 before i hit the brakes cause of the upcomming corner havent had a chance to go higher yet, but theres room for it, this was at 5100 rpm in 6th redline is 65 pic for proof bro, this is in canada no mods on my phone atm will edit and update with pic tonight

·
Registered
210 Posts
Haha this is funny, I am not sure about the new Skyactiv's but unless you have the top speed and rev limiter removed the fastest a 3 will do is 118mph
Well I know my skyactic is stock performance wise and a 6speed manual. I had it up to 130 but I just let off. I honestly don't know where it will stop.

·
Registered
210 Posts
As funny as u find this i had my 2012 skyactive sport hatch 6mt doing 198 before i hit the brakes cause of the upcomming corner havent had a chance to go higher yet, but theres room for it, this was at 5100 rpm in 6th redline is 65 pic for proof bro, this is in canada no mods on my phone atm will edit and update with pic tonight
198mph? I find 198 a little hard to believe in a stock skyactiv. I'm thinking more of 150mph

·
Registered
372 Posts
09 | S GT | 2.3, manual, CAI, Hypertech tune (speed governor removed) | 132mph / 212kph.

I hit the speed governor twice before I removed it, then once I did 132, I vowed never to do it again until I modded my suspension to safely handle those speeds... on a track.

I hope to do 145 someday.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts