Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 232 Posts

·
Registered
38,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I know we have a thread on the last movie you watched... and the last TV show. Using the same concept, I'd like to have a thread where we can share the book(s) that we just finished reading or are reading now. This thread is for leisure reading. Reading a book for school doesn't count here. =P

I know that there are several avid readers on this forum, so post away!

Last week I finished reading The Brutality of War: A Memoir of Vietnam by Gene R. Dark. My father suggested I read it to gain a better understanding of his experience as a tunnel rat and machine gunner with the USMC in Vietnam.

After reading that I needed a bit of an uplifting so I re-read Tuesdays With Morrie by Mitch Albom.

I'm currently re-reading Stephen King's The Gunslinger (Dark Tower Series I)... I've read 1-4 in the series and just recently got my hands on 3-6, so I want to re-read the first few books so I can freshen up my memory.

·
Registered
38,019 Posts
Hm. I picked up The Sound and the Fury a while back, but couldn't make much sense of it as for the most part it read like alcohol- and/pr drug-induced rambling.

I've also been reading the Rabbit Angstrom cycle by John Updike for something like a year and a half... it's a big book so it's kind of hard to carry it to read on the subway--can't just toss it in my bag you know.

·
Registered
7,996 Posts
Last series I read were those twilight books and before that was the HP series.
I like to read but I haven't found anything lately that really entices me to keep reading.

Subbing for ideas and suggestions on something new to read :)

·
Registered
24,208 Posts
I'm currently reading "Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea". I read a little bit before going to bed because it makes me sleepy. So far... SO AWESOME. She is hilarious.

I read all of the Harry Potter books (in record time) and I read 3 of the 4 Twilight books.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Recently read shadow divers by Robert kurson. It was a true story about two ddeep wreck divers that stumbled across a mystery German Uboat in the Atlantic during the 90's. Great book I loved it' although I may be biased lol.

·
Registered
38,019 Posts
[quote author=crazyduckme link=topic=175895.msg3721645#msg3721645 date=1278598958]
[quote author=Alec Trevelyan link=topic=175895.msg3721643#msg3721643 date=1278598906]
Chelsea... Handler, I presume?[/quote]

Yes! She's a riot. Absolutely love her late night show and now her book!!
[/quote]

"They gave me Tara Reid's old dressing room. I spent hours and hours scrubbing every inch of it, but let's face it: that smell is never going to come out"

·
Registered
24,208 Posts
[quote author=Alec Trevelyan link=topic=175895.msg3721682#msg3721682 date=1278600374]
[quote author=crazyduckme link=topic=175895.msg3721645#msg3721645 date=1278598958]
[quote author=Alec Trevelyan link=topic=175895.msg3721643#msg3721643 date=1278598906]
Chelsea... Handler, I presume?[/quote]

Yes! She's a riot. Absolutely love her late night show and now her book!!
[/quote]

"They gave me Tara Reid's old dressing room. I spent hours and hours scrubbing every inch of it, but let's face it: that smell is never going to come out"
[/quote]

:rofl: so hilarious.

·
Registered
5,851 Posts
guess we're abandoning the other what book are you reading thread?
http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=143471.0

just finished The Bedwetter: Stories of Courage, Redemption, and Pee by Sarah Silverman
Gasping for Airtime: Two Years In the Trenches of Saturday Night Live by Jay Mohr

just found this on my bookcase....had it for like 5 years, figured it's about time i read it:
Let Fury Have the Hour: The Punk Rock Politics of Joe Strummer by Antonino D'Ambrosio

·
Registered
12,364 Posts
[quote author=slowhat link=topic=175895.msg3722113#msg3722113 date=1278618651]
guess we're abandoning the other what book are you reading thread?
http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=143471.0

just finished The Bedwetter: Stories of Courage, Redemption, and Pee by Sarah Silverman
Gasping for Airtime: Two Years In the Trenches of Saturday Night Live by Jay Mohr

just found this on my bookcase....had it for like 5 years, figured it's about time i read it:
Let Fury Have the Hour: The Punk Rock Politics of Joe Strummer by Antonino D'Ambrosio
[/quote]

have you read All Ages: Reflections on Straight Edge- Beth Lahickey

·
Registered
38,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I finished the first Dark Tower book and am moving on to the second, The Dark Tower II: The Drawing of the Three.

·
Registered
24,208 Posts
[quote author=LaraW link=topic=175895.msg3722933#msg3722933 date=1278690824]
I finished the first Dark Tower book and am moving on to the second, The Dark Tower II: The Drawing of the Three.[/quote]

My friend and father read the entire series.... said it was amazing and couldn't put the books down!

·
Registered
38,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah, I absolutely love them. I read the first 4 in the series a few years back and never got to finish the series.. I've restarted them this week though!

1 - 20 of 232 Posts