Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a hopeful 2008 ms3 owner, I am wondering how much I should be expecting to spend monthly. I don't have to worry about snow tires or extreme cold temps or anything (Central Cali) so I am just basically wondering what the normal expenses are with gas, oil changes, insurance etc... I know the car is still young but I am just wondering if anyone has kept track of how much they have been spending a month to enjoy this beauty so far.
If you want, add the car payment too, but let me know if you did that.

Thanks alot
Kevin

·
Registered
9,483 Posts
Gas= Depending how much you drive -- 20-25mpg avg for most owners

Insuarance= Depending on discounts, age, infractions and company-- Usually around a 5%-30% increase from a Mz3

Car payment= Depending how much down, what interest rate, how long the loan, and how much paid

Oil changes= If you bring it somewhere or do it yourself, and what type of oil... synthetic or dino -- Takes 6.5 quarts and filter/o-rings are about $6 for set, so areound $50 for synthetic or $15 for dino change if you do it yourself, dealer would be $75+/$40+

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know it will vary depending on circumstances but I am just wondering what other people are paying so I can get an idea of what I will be looking at

·
Registered
23 Posts
I dont own one yet. But hope to soon. :lol:
In my case.
TTL down i would be looking at 480 a month for a GT (6.91% intrest)
Insurance $5,000 a year :x I know its crazy but i am only 19 and live in NY.
Gas? i dont know yet lol

But everything depends on what youre case is. If you put 20k down youre payments would be like 100 dollars :lol:

·
Registered
9,483 Posts
[quote author=kyasa link=topic=67218.msg1155272#msg1155272 date=1169091221]
I know it will vary depending on circumstances but I am just wondering what other people are paying so I can get an idea of what I will be looking at
[/quote]

Well then

Payment $413
Insurance $214
Gas $110

·
Registered
757 Posts
[quote author=Mattleegee link=topic=67218.msg1155483#msg1155483 date=1169098595]
You should see SmokinAMD's payment... he put like $15k down or something
[/quote]

oh.. I put .. nothing down. go me.

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
only thing I can really comment on is the insurance and gas since the car is paid for

insurance = $80 a month (tied in with multi car discount, homeowner discount and good driver discount)
gas = 22mpg cruising around (hard to say per month since I dont drive it this time of year)

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
[quote author=CosmicBlueMS3 link=topic=67218.msg1155784#msg1155784 date=1169133941]
only thing I can really comment on is the insurance and gas since the car is paid for

insurance = $80 a month (tied in with multi car discount, homeowner discount and good driver discount)
gas = 22mpg cruising around (hard to say per month since I dont drive it this time of year)
[/quote]

You lucky son of a....

$587 on the car payment
$100 on gas
$2400 every 6 months on insurance (MD, 21 y/o, no accidents or violations)

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
will be,

$451 / month on payments (yay for credit unions!)
$125 / month for insurance (23, married and in the military)

Gas is going to be stupid expensive...I dont want to think about that until i get the car.

·
Registered
329 Posts
$367/month on car payment
$100/month insurance (27, married, multiple cars, homeowner)
~$120/month on gas

·
Registered
305 Posts
Isn't this thread rather silly?

Car payments are a factor of how many months, the price you paid, trade-in, rates, and your credit. Same applies to leases.

And insurance is a factor of your age, driving record, location, gender, and what your policy covers.

And gas costs is how much per gallon, mpg, and miles you drive.

So, $100 to $2000 per month :dunno:

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
[quote author=Mazz link=topic=67218.msg1156105#msg1156105 date=1169145818]
Isn't this thread rather silly?

Car payments are a factor of how many months, the price you paid, trade-in, rates, and your credit. Same applies to leases.

And insurance is a factor of your age, driving record, location, gender, and what your policy covers.

And gas costs is how much per gallon, mpg, and miles you drive.

So, $100 to $2000 per month :dunno:

[/quote]

As silly as your post.
We already know that; we ain't trying to come with a pattern here... we have nothing better to do that's all :D

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Reguardless it could give people an average of what thier looking at for what the car as a whole could be costing them a month. For instance if you take it like a survey the average person pays 425 a month for the car, 182 a month on insurance and 96 a month on gas... you are always going to have high spikes and low spikes but it gives a base line.

·
Registered
305 Posts
[quote author=leofaye link=topic=67218.msg1156115#msg1156115 date=1169146254]
As silly as your post.
We already know that; we ain't trying to come with a pattern here... we have nothing better to do that's all :D
[/quote]

thats cool. the original poster asked to see if its in the budget, which is stupid. Go to a loan calculator, call your insurance agent, & figure out your mileage yourself.

so in that vien..
car payment... $285
insurance ... $90
gas ... $80

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Car= $372.74
Insurance= Rents take care of that for me
Gas= About 100-200 a month. I drive almost a hundrend miles a day so yea, I'm racking up the miles. I could care less for the re-sale value of this car cause I'm prob not getting rid of it any time soon.

~Saint

1 - 20 of 66 Posts