Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey. New here! Finally had to buckle down and make an account to ask and tell my specific issues. So here goes; I own a 2010 Mazda 3 I touring sedan (automatic trans) I purchased the car full price about 6 months ago. After a week of having it, the AT light came on. Fast forward, ended up replacing the battery that was very much needed. Well...AT light still came on and finally I noticed when the AT light would come on and I would go from Park to Drive and/or Reverse it would jump, hard. I took it to a mechanic that specifically works on Mazdas, to be told it needed a TCM replacement but, unfortunately there was no ETA on the TCM my car needs, here recently I got back in contact and was told there is still no TCM available for my car and still no ETA. My car is now worse. I have to hold key over for a good minute for it to finally start up, sometimes. I've researched about possible intake manifold issues/replacement and compared them to the TCM issues and from what I read mine sounds more so a intake manifold but I literally know nothing about cars. But being my luck I wouldn't be shocked if both needed replacing. I hate this car, I miss my SUV and absolutely cannot wait to go back to a bigger car. I also hope karma gets the guy who scammed me into buying this car, promising it had no issues and he had got everything fixed. I'm at my wits end and don't know how much longer my car will live. How can you get something fixed if the part needed isn't available to you? I'm open to all opinions on what the issue could be and if I need to go back to the mazda mechanic and let him know any opinions or suggestions I get here. I dont plan on owning this car forever. But would like to add a little more value to it if I can get these issues taken care of. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
273 Posts
If your transmission is truly bad, and it sounds like it is, a path of lesser resistance might be to get a good used transmission from a salvage yard for like $250. A good DIYer can install one, but it's not a project for a first timer to tackle. There are many possible causes for the slow to start issue, difficult to narrow them down without seeing the car in person. These are terrific cars, if you hate yours please sell it to somebody that wants it more.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts