Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I am replacing all of my hoses that are flowing coolant. I have replaced the upper hose, lower hose, reservoir hose and hose sub-tank. However, there are these other hoses that I want to replace as well but not quite sure what these are called.

1) This #1 hose is the one going to transmission cooler I believe. Is this called by-pass hose?
2) Then there are these #2,3 & 3 hoses which I believe they go to the throttle body and is connected with a T-connector. Can anyone tell me what hoses are these called?

Thanks in advance!

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Gas Auto part Automotive exterior

·
Registered
422 Posts
I don't know the specific names for them, but why not go to your local Mazda dealer parts department and have them pull up a diagram and just order from them. BTW replacing all of them at once like you are doing is excellent preventive maintenance.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know the specific names for them, but why not go to your local Mazda dealer parts department and have them pull up a diagram and just order from them. BTW replacing all of them at once like you are doing is excellent preventive maintenance.
The thing is I am ordering them online since they are cheaper than the local dealer sells.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hard to tell for sure, but one of those may be a heater hose. Most of the parts sites took away the really detailed parts diagrams they used to have, but I did find this one you can check out to try to find the part numbers:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts