Mazda3 Forums banner

What does this mean?

2K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  Johnen 
#1 ·
I have a 2006 hatch and i was messing around with the radio and i found something i don't know what it means. When i hold down the media and the sat buttom the display reads "DIS OFF". Does anyone out there know what it stands for. Don't know if it is imortant but my car is doesn't have satalite radio or anything hooked up to the media button. at least not that i know of.
Thanks,

#4 ·
prolly just means 'display off'

#10 ·
Woodytuba, what is the config of your car? More specifically, do you have the trip computer (the thing that tells you your gas mileage, avg. speed, etc.? Someone from the thread on unlocking the trip computer was able to figure out a button combination that turned it on for his car. By holding the CD and the AM/FM button down, he got "DIS ON" and then he could use the trip computer. My guess is that DIS stands for Driver Information System, which is what the manual calls the trip computer.

#11 ·
[quote author=kendalf link=topic=66031.msg1202815#msg1202815 date=1171312296]
Woodytuba, what is the config of your car? More specifically, do you have the trip computer (the thing that tells you your gas mileage, avg. speed, etc.? Someone from the thread on unlocking the trip computer was able to figure out a button combination that turned it on for his car. By holding the CD and the AM/FM button down, he got "DIS ON" and then he could use the trip computer. My guess is that DIS stands for Driver Information System, which is what the manual calls the trip computer.
[/quote]

Yes!!!! Get it to read ON and you'll be set to know your gas mileage, avg, etc.......

#12 ·
[quote author=kendalf link=topic=66031.msg1202815#msg1202815 date=1171312296]
[/quote]

That makes sence. in a way that is sort of what i was trying to do. I don't have the trip computer. at least not active. could you send me a link to the page about how to turn it on. I tryed a bunch of different combinations of bottons but all i got was DIS OFF. Thank you very much for the information. It was a big relief.

#13 ·
never mind. I found it. And i noticed you where on that same page today. Anyway i got it to say DIS ON and then i got the trip computer to work. Thank you for getting me started on that. I am ecstatic right now. I have been calling all my friends to tell them. sadly none of them share the same enthusiasm as me. Thank you so much

#14 ·
Well, I'm excited! And from the 2 full pages of replies in the other thread from those who have also gotten it to work, I can say that there are plenty who share the enthusiasm! :klavergreg:

#15 ·
I'm super, super excited, BUT I can't get mine to work at all? How had trouble and then got it to work. I tried a few variations with no luck my cars build is 10/06 anyone elses, that it does work on? What else should I try. I held down AM/FM and CD turned it on and continued to hold, I can't even get DIS OFF to show up, HELP ANYONE!

#16 ·
[quote author=gotnospice link=topic=66031.msg1299470#msg1299470 date=1175198421]
I'm super, super excited, BUT I can't get mine to work at all? How had trouble and then got it to work. I tried a few variations with no luck my cars build is 10/06 anyone elses, that it does work on? What else should I try. I held down AM/FM and CD turned it on and continued to hold, I can't even get DIS OFF to show up, HELP ANYONE!
[/quote]

I think a couple people have had luck turning it on, hitting the buttons, turning it off, then turning it back on again. It might be worth a try.

#17 ·
HOLY SWEETNESS!!! That worked thanks!!! I got it to work!!! So excited! Yeah MAZDA!! Anyway, while on I held it down then turned it off then on again and it worked! Anyway it still says 20.7 mpg and I've been trying to drive conservative, so I don't know if there is still something wrong? I'll keep an eye on it and see what I get.

#18 ·
[quote author=gotnospice link=topic=66031.msg1299532#msg1299532 date=1175199601]
HOLY SWEETNESS!!! That worked thanks!!! I got it to work!!! So excited! Yeah MAZDA!! Anyway, while on I held it down then turned it off then on again and it worked! Anyway it still says 20.7 mpg and I've been trying to drive conservative, so I don't know if there is still something wrong? I'll keep an eye on it and see what I get.
[/quote]

Glad it worked out for you. Mine still says 21.something, and I don't have a Speed3, so it sounds like you're as well off as the rest of us. Try calculating your milage manually for a while and see how it lines up.

#19 ·
the trip computer is pretty accurate from my calculations at the pump. if u observe the trip computer displaying current consumption every little movement on the accelerator makes a great difference on gas mileage.

To improve ur gas mileage i suggest
-not driving beyond 80 mph
-avoid sudden acceleration
-use cruise control when possible.

i have gotten to 19mpg before and right now ever since i got a job( long commute on freeway) my mpg has improved to 25-26.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.