Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how much power do you need to do it consistantly? I've never taken my car (or any car for that matter) to the strip. For all I know maybe I just need to drive what I've got well. Just wondering what it will take to run vette times in my lil silver mazda :)

also, anyone breaking gears out on the strip? how badly do you need new gears over 300whp?

· Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I kinda wish I had the old setup dyno'd. Mr. Tea had offered to include me in one of his dyno days, but we never really talked to much about it, and then I had a bunch of stuff happen with my car anyways. I wonder how much life I've already sucked out of my tranny.

When the new kit is in I'll have to hit either him or Chris up about getting a dyno done.

· Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[quote author=HouRman link=topic=74895.msg1341259#msg1341259 date=1176758086]
Hey Sleeping, maybe put on a modest nitrous kit and you can probably get into the 13s. :) haha
[/quote]

Is this really hard? I know I havn't tried to run a quarter yet, but I'd be pissed if I go out to the track and can't manage anything under 14, I mean I've got a turbo and y rated tires for cryin out loud, how much more does it take?

· Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[quote author=the415 link=topic=74895.msg1341295#msg1341295 date=1176758742]
you aren't going to hit it with street tires. trust me.
[/quote]

that sucks. Can I get slicks that will fit the stock rims?

Maybe I should just get some new wheels too. guess I'll have to start watering the money tree some more...

· Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
[quote author=small town king link=topic=74895.msg1341681#msg1341681 date=1176766406]
[quote author=sleeping link=topic=74895.msg1341245#msg1341245 date=1176757950]
I'm on Stech tien's, and I'm debaiting on some coils. I've also got some pretty nice tires on there, so it grips well enough (I think this does... who knows). My car was tuned for streetability, so it never touched a dyno. I'll be sure to dyno the new kit though.
[/quote]

go be the test car for buddy club. 1000$ for some coilovers. socal too
[/quote]

they looking for one? didn't know they were.

· Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
euro have you ever been to a drag strip?

and my car weighs a little more than that. add a 10 in the trunk, and a whole turbo kit up front.
I'm probably a bunch closer to 3klbs.

I wanted to buy an evo, but jerad talked me out of it. I alreay have a 3 and a turbo. so I'm most of the way there.

Jake I'm still runnin the emanage (well when the turbo's on) and I don't have a 28, I have a gt25 so mine pretty much spools at idle... I definatly have to roll on the gas in my car.
The turbo's supposed to be good for 300 wheel, so I guess that's my goal. If the 25 can't get me there then I'll just have to invest in a 35...

· Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
[quote author=HiBoost MZ3 link=topic=74895.msg1342391#msg1342391 date=1176779893]
There is no way that the Gt25 will get you to 12s. You need to get a good set of drag wheels, good gripping drag slicks, good practice and a larger turbo with a proper tune. Our Protege runs low 12's with 337 WHP slicks, skinnies and a lot of practice.

For the others here debating about the front wheel drive cars, my 3 has been running consistent 11.3 and my friends 2.0 liter MZ3 has made 11.7 a couple of times.These cars are modified with head work, racing wheels (weld professional) M and H 25 x 8.5 x 15 extreme traction compound and rear skinnies. Open exhaust and 27 psi of boost on the 2.0 and 22 on the 2.3 liter.

We race our cars with all th weight except for the spare tire, jack and all the stuff we can remove from the car.
[/quote]

I was hoping go get your opinion since I know you've been spending some time at the strip. Jake talked to me on aim for a little bit before I helped my roommate out today. looks like I'm going to need a bigger turbo which is a bummer. But if I want to move into the big boy league, sacrifices must be made.

man Juan that's a lot of stuff, how much of that stuff do you think is needed to get under 13? I want to take down my roommates evo.

oh and I pmed buddy club about the coils, so thanks oneill8769. Interestingly enough the evo just got lowered on buddy club coils.

· Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
[quote author=eurotuner link=topic=74895.msg1347032#msg1347032 date=1176923444]
but it takes more skills to get that F2 going without bogging.
[/quote]

:lol:

well I know that F2 can make some freocious power... but I think Ed, Azmz, and myself are putting down just a touch more...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.