Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does it smell like the smell from brakes??? i let my brother drive my car tonite going to store.....he was sitting in my car trying to throw in reverse.....he have no clue how to push down and reverse....and after he came back from the store...he said it smell like clutch burn....i was hella pissed......the smell is coming from under right side of the intercooler.....i hope it is just clutch burn from him tryin to throw in reverse.....never let anyone drive my car ever again!!!!! :mad:

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
smells like hot... yea i guess hot brakes smell would work, but basically he doesn't know how to drive a stick... has nothing to do with him trying to put it in reverse.

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
they are made of basically the same frictional material, so yes, a burnt clutch would smell like overcooked brakes to a degree.

·
Registered
727 Posts
i have always compaired it to rotten eggs with a slight hint of solder but i think everybody will liken it to something differant.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the smell is gone after a day.....thank god.....

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
its not the tires...thats for sure....when u said smoked the clutch.....is that damage for good....i dont see any different today driving around....is still drive hard without any problem.....but i still smell a little if i put my noise under the hood and sniff around.....

·
Registered
727 Posts
depends on how hot the clutch got but there could e some glazing on the flywheel of of the clutch material but if you do not notice any slipping or any other prolems then everything should be ok worst that i could think happening is a new clutch and a flywheel resurfacing. your brother could have done worse things

1 - 12 of 12 Posts