Mazda3 Forums banner

What do you use your empty "Nav Control hole" for?

• Coins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cellphone

• Gum

• Pen

• Paperclips

• Lip balm

• Nothing

• Other

• I have Nav!

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of us who aren't lucky enough to get this option, or those of us who don't even get to have this cool feature.

I use it for my cellphone and a pack of gum.

Tell us what YOU do with it :D

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Aren't we talking about the small rectangular space next to the shifter, not the space on top of the dash where the nav screen resides? ( shown in the following pic with the nav remote installed)

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2004/mazda/3/100364219/photogallery.html?pg_type=Sedan

All N/A 3's w/out nav just have a non-functional plastic cover over the top of the dash. The first time I saw the small cubby next to the shifter I thought " Would my cellphone fit there?"

·
Banned
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep. Absinthe's got it right :D

·
Registered
267 Posts
Now talking about the spot where the NAV screen would be... the Mazda 6 without Nav uses this as another glove compartment. I wonder why this is not the same case on the Mazda3 sedan? It'd be a great place to install aftermarket stuff. It would tucks away nicely with the lid shut.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I pick cell phone.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I was hoping for a pop up lid on the dash but no such luck. I'm gonna try and see if I can order a dash from Europe and have it installed so I CAN have the pop up lid. But only if that is less than a few hundred bucks (ya right... I'll never get it).

·
Registered
267 Posts
The 3 doesn't have the cool on-dash compartment, just the not-so-useful beside the gear-shifter little slot.

·
Registered
984 Posts
When I test drove the 3s sedan, it didn't have a pop-up compartment (like the 6) where the navigation system. If it did, it sure wasn't noticable. I don't remember about the spot next to the shifter. I think it was solid plastic.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
You can't fit anything in that little curved tray. My cell phone? I have a belt clip for it (Motorolla i90 - use it for work)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts