Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Just interested in what you guys like/dislike about the mz3?

Any thoughts/comments?

I for one hate the fact it did not come with a moon roof as an option!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

·
Registered
267 Posts
It does come with a moonroof as an option. Just gotta buck up and buy the GT I think... no? Maybe its not an Australian option. That'd suck.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Apparently the ADRs (Australian Design Rules) mean that we have to have an additonal support beam through the roof (not required in Canada or NA) and hence the moonroof isn't a factory option.

·
Registered
519 Posts
*sigh* no... the moonroof and leather were not factory options in oz. in fact, there were very little options available for the sp23 at this stage. ?? just cruise control isn't it?

hrm... i better not start on likes, otherwise i could be here all day!

lets start on dislikes (and i warn you i get picky!):

1. the big ugly plastic thing on the front which is tailormade for american plates - so why do they have to ship it to australia?!?

2. the unchangeable "hello" that keeps on popping up when i start the music up... its cute the first few times... then... *grrrrrr* ;)

3. why can't i flip through cd's in the cd stacker via steering wheel controls?!

4. why isn't the dead pedal on the ATX protected by... metal/grooved plastic, anything (?!)... its a high use area. and they put metal scuff plates on the side sills.

hrm... i think that should be all for now ;) although, i'm quite glad the ride is so good that i have the time to notice all these piddly little details :D

·
Registered
650 Posts
The manual also has the dead pedal carpeted too. I think my first mini mod will be a set of metal pedals and a metal foot rest.

I also noticed a loud bang in the suspension when I drove over a small pothole. Could have been the suspension bottoming out or tyre hitting the inner guard. I never noticed potholes in the Pajero, just sort of bounced over them making them bigger for everyone else.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah, not in Australia..

Bloodly sux!!! apparently, if we do get one it voids some sort of warranty because of the triple H structure that the mz3 has..

·
Registered
519 Posts
it doesn't have to stay AE, i was just looking at steve-o's pics (very cool btw) and noted his front plate... hence i will be looking at how best to remove mine this weekend and for now to just put the plate itself on. although looking for a plastic rim for the euro plates would be kinda nice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts