Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yay or nay for the sleeper look?

Gunmetal rims, lowered about 1.5 inches.....all through the power of a marvelous invention called Photoshop :)

This is an old photo....I also have tinted windows now.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
that actually looks pretty good....mind if i save ure picture and cut those wheels out haha i want to see how it would look on velocity red =D

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
Personnally, I don't like gunmetal except on a silver car. I hate chrome rims on all cars. I'd stick with the silver. Sleeper look is cool but with tinted windows also, I just think that it will look dull. Nice silver mags would put just the right amount of brightness and we would notice more the lowered suspension. It's not ugly though buddy. Simply way too dark for me.

·
Banned
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't know if you guys noticed, but I also extended the front and rear bumpers down a bit.

·
Registered
157 Posts
i'd say 'nay' too. don't like dark wheels on dark cars. though i think they'd look good on mine.

also, i guess i'm in a minority here, but i really don't like the look of lowered cars (for the most part). imagine how someone would look with their feet chopped off. weird, huh? (and bloody, but that's not the point :) ). seems like mine looks just right the way it is with 17" wheels.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Why not ust go gold?

I don't care for them too much...

·
Registered
191 Posts
dude that looks awesome. I think u could only pull those off with a black 3 tho

·
Registered
191 Posts
FR3D said:
it might look better with white or gold rims, gunmetal should look good on a blue car :p
Yea, on the suby WRX STi the similar Blue has the gold rims. I like bronze/gunmetal better than gold, it gives it a more... sleekness

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I agree that gun-metal on black is not an ideal combination

Bronze/gold might look good actually... try that with ur photoshop

Hmm.. for gun-metal color i think can't be too dark....RSX-S 's is good enuf...and i just wonder if they'll look good on my titanium color

·
Banned
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah, I was trying to get the RSX-S kind of gunmetal.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Gold rims do not belong on ANY car unless its a cadillac and you're a PIMP. lol.. I like the lowered look and I will like the tinted windows. Not a fan of the gunmetal rims though. Looks too.. I don't know... too blah.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts