Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a guy at work is selling his 2007 mazdaspeed3 GT with 13.6k miles. He's moving to england for work for 2 years and doesn't want a payment. He wants 16.8k for it but said 16.5k is what he owes and is looking to get. I went and looked at it yesterday and it drove fine and I didn't notice anything. Was about ready to call the bank up when I asked for the VIN to do a carfax first. He then sent me the carfax and said yeah I rear ended someone in january, but it's already fixed.

You guys still think this is a good deal at this point? I went and looked at it today again and from a few feet away you can't tell anything. Up close some of the gaps on the fender/bumper/hood are a tiny bit off.

Here are the pics he sent me of the accident:

I wish I had pics now, but unfortunately no cameras allowed here at work including phones. I want so badly to say yes, but he's left me a little leary that even though truthful he witheld the accident until I was going to find out.

·
Registered
871 Posts
I'd probably still get my own CarFax report on it then try and haggle him a bit for it being in an accident already. Who cares if he owes 16.5 on it, you're saving his ass by taking this car for him so haggle him good haha.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts