Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well as some of you may have read, the g.f totalled her 04 hb, and shes been looking ever since for one a little newer, and she found this one and it has most of everything she wants! its not listed as a touring or grand touring, but it has heated leather and bose sound in it... not that it matters if it has the hids from stock, since we have a set of the apexcone we saved from the wreck that will go in it.. but neway, whatcha think?

its an 06 mazda 3s sedan in crimsion red
28903 miles on it.
5 speed
heated leather seats
bose sound.
has the nice spoiler
and theyr asking 14,995

we might be going to get it, or atleast look at it on saturday.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/img_popup.jsp?car_id=256734898&photoIndex=0

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote author=TEKWATCH link=topic=136085.msg2931029#msg2931029 date=1234414552]
I think the asking price is a bit to much, anyone agree / offer them 12,500.00

You never want to pay the asking price, but you must know that already.

Look it up on www.kellybluebook.com

Make sure you get a full carfax as well.
[/quote]

12,5? really? i did what ever autotrader offers and it was listed under 15,8

i mean yea i know ya never pay what theyr asking. any helpful tips on how to jew them down? lol

EDIT: i just kbb'ed it and it says its worth 16,7 in excellent condtion. they wont ever go down to 12,5...

and you would think they would give ya a carfax with the car, i got one with my 06 trailblazer ss... but it goes thru the ordering process when i click on the carfax.

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
Well I use to sell cars and I know used cars get marked up alot, I bet they only gave about 11k for it when it was traded in, so all I'm saying is be prepared to get the best price, dont let them bluff you and say that's all we can do, then again maybe it is the best price, you have to use your best judgement, bring the price down, dont act like you must have the car, act like you could walk away with no worries if they refuse to budge on price.

They should be desperate to sell a car right now with the economy, the ball is in your court to get the best deal.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote author=TEKWATCH link=topic=136085.msg2931056#msg2931056 date=1234415387]
Well I use to sell cars and I know used cars get marked up alot, I bet they only gave about 11k for it when it was traded in, so all I'm saying is be prepared to get the best price, dont let them bluff you and say that's all we can do, then again maybe it is the best price, you have to use your best judgement, bring the price down, dont act like you must have the car, act like you could walk away with no worries if they refuse to budge on price.

They should be desperate to sell a car right now with the economy, the ball is in your court to get the best deal.
[/quote]

ok well i understand all that, my thing is, were going out of state for it, tho its only a 2.5 hr drive. i dont really wanna drive that far, and act like i could just walk away from the car. so that kinda sucks once they find that out. they probablly wont budge on the price. lol they figure well they came this far, theyr going to go home with the car no matter what the price.

and weve been looking for another mazda since she wrecked hers, and with what all that has, compared to all the others weve found, it seems like a really good deal.

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
OK in that case forget everything I just said, look at the :mib: :icspots:

Just go pick it up LOL!!!!

You can still bargain a little bit, I mean if they know you want it, they should come down some on the price.

Did not mean to get you all confused :lol:

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Carfax is garbage, don't rely on it for much of anything.

For a fully loaded model, that's not a bad price. I'm sure you could get an 07 for that much but not a GT with those miles and a manual.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[quote author=TEKWATCH link=topic=136085.msg2931075#msg2931075 date=1234416030]
OK in that case forget everything I just said, look at the :mib: :icspots:

Just go pick it up LOL!!!!

You can still bargain a little bit, I mean if they know you want it, they should come down some on the price.

Did not mean to get you all confused :lol:
[/quote]

lol yea thats kinda what i thought haha. i was going to try to bargin a little becuz of the economy and everything...

and i would like to see her get an 07 hatchback, she has her eye on 2 of those, but ones 16 something and the others 17 something. and the insurance is like 200 more a year between an 06 and 07. gotta remember she has a totaled car fresh on her insurance now...

when i bought my 06 trailblazer ss, the dealer himself told me carfax was garbage. he said all they do is give a number for what the car is. it doesnt take into effect of the economy, where the cars loctated. all the little things, carfax doesnt see. so thats y we figured from what weve been seeing cars go for on cars.com and autotrader, for what that car has, i thought it was a pretty good price.

do you guys think its a gt or touring model? like i had said it doesnt say it is. but it has the leather heated seats, bose sound. and the spoiler, obviously couldve been ordered that way from new but i was hoping it was more lol...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Don't tell them you are from out of town unless you have to ... but if you do, tell them you are visiting friends and decided to look at the car while you are there. If you "walk" you can always go for a quick ride and then come back and get it. Also, tell them that their ad states free oil change for life ... you won't be able to take advantage of it so that could be a little bit extra off the price. I think you should be able to get it for somewhere between $12.5 and $14 but just depends on your will power and their "need" to sell. But if you find it to be super clean with all maintenance records, etc. it is worth a little more.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanx for the input guys!! the dealer is suppose to be calling her tomorrow.

where she should get the loan from? should she try her bank or try to finance it thru them? im not sure who has the lower interest, and im not sure what her credit is so she may need a co-signer and im not sure if theyll let me.

plus she would like a 5 year loan, and im not sure if her bank will allow that, i know mine wouldnt unless its a brand new car. otherwise its 4 year loan with 7%

i financed mine thru GMAC (the thing at gm dealer) and i got a 5 year loan and interest is only like 1.9%

and y was my thread moved? just becuz she actually didnt "pick up" the car yet? lol

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so we bought the car fax today, and everything checks out very well. checks out as a one owner vehicle, owned for about 2 years. the dealer got it traded in in december.

average of about 10,500 miles per year. and no accidents or damages reported. the car was bought in the state its for sale in as well. so everything looks good.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I would have gotten you a free carfax, I have unlimited access all of the time..

Anyway, again, Carfax doesn't get the whole story down. Make sure the car was never in an accident and give it a once over for repaired damage.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts