Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a deposit down on my CB GT w/ nav on the 26th of October. I am buying from a dealer in PA (philly) Because they were willing to give me my price.

In any case - The only thing I have from them is MY copy of my 'buyers order' that they faxed me - I signed, and faxed back to them.

Basically all this says is the color, car, options and the price says "$500 over invoice". The car was ordered that day.

Its been 2+ months now and I called them last week and they still do not have a VIN# or any kind of dates in their computer as to when the car will be manufactured or let alone delivered...

What would I need to find out if mazda has even received the order from my dealer? Seems like everyone else has received their car in the 3 month range...given the fact that the dealer says mine hasn't even been built yet - it'll be another 2 months at least before i have hopes of even seeing my car.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
over invoice....... :(
man looks like nobody is gonna beat my $1700 BELOW sticker price.
you can e-mail mazda usa with your order number and get your info

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[quote author=TRU-BOOST link=topic=66399.msg1138704#msg1138704 date=1168273713]
over invoice....... :(
man looks like nobody is gonna beat my $1700 BELOW sticker price.
you can e-mail mazda usa with your order number and get your info
[/quote]

reading comprehension FTW! ;)

Invoice != MSRP. I'm paying $500 over invoice, which is basically me paying s-plan and paying the s plan kick back/commission to the dealer.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
my bad i keep seeing people paying over sticker, i read it wrong....
finally somebody eles that knows how to play the game !!
good deal...here is the mazda usa email.
[email protected]

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[quote author=TRU-BOOST link=topic=66399.msg1138712#msg1138712 date=1168274049]
my bad i keep seeing people paying over sticker, i read it wrong....
finally somebody eles that knows how to play the game !!
good deal...here is the mazda usa email.
mazdav[email protected]
[/quote]

No worries - its monday :) you get a break! I too read too many people paying over sticker...good for me I guess :)

And yeah...i played the game alright, it took forever....and i had to order it and wait the 4 months or whatever - but it will be worth it. Sure I only saved $1500 or whatever, and have to wait 4 months but to me that just means more money in my pocket because i get to put more money down! :) Or save up more for that COBB ;)

Thanks for the email, I'll email them when i get home.

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
sounds fishy to me. They should be able to tell you their allocation schedule and when they will be placing your order, or when they placed your order. Im guessing you arent getting much info because they have only BS to offer.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[quote author=CosmicBlueMS3 link=topic=66399.msg1139270#msg1139270 date=1168295520]
sounds fishy to me. They should be able to tell you their allocation schedule and when they will be placing your order, or when they placed your order. Im guessing you arent getting much info because they have only BS to offer.
[/quote]

this is exactly what I am afraid of :(

I pulled out the only paperwork I have on the car - And it has nothing on it other than it says its a "car or truck sales order form"

I was off by a bit on the order date - i guess they told me they could order me one on that date but they did not actually order until 11-9-2006. Still basically 2 months...and nothing.

It has the salesman's name, my car color information, license/reg fee, deposit amount ($500) and price of $500 over invoice at delivery time.

I don't think I really have any leverage with them unfortunately to 'make' them get their act together...Do I?

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
sure you do, tell em your going to another dealer and you want your money back.
what you want is a signed "purchase agreement"
that means your car is in the process to get ordered. not sure wtf an "order form" is.
500 over invoice sounds like a good deal as long as a trade isnt factored in, but Id be willing to pay a bit more for better service. If they are like this now, Id hate to go in for repair work. Go in and speak directly with the sales manager, dont talk to the sales flunky that wrote up the order. Be polite and be extremely direct with what you want.
dont think they will shy away from you, they are salesmen, they need to sell to stay alive.. they need you, you dont need them.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
[quote author=CosmicBlueMS3 link=topic=66399.msg1139850#msg1139850 date=1168313656]
sure you do, tell em your going to another dealer and you want your money back.
what you want is a signed "purchase agreement"
that means your car is in the process to get ordered. not sure wtf an "order form" is.
500 over invoice sounds like a good deal as long as a trade isnt factored in, but Id be willing to pay a bit more for better service. If they are like this now, Id hate to go in for repair work. Go in and speak directly with the sales manager, dont talk to the sales flunky that wrote up the order. Be polite and be extremely direct with what you want.
dont think they will shy away from you, they are salesmen, they need to sell to stay alive.. they need you, you dont need them.
[/quote]

Yeah called the dealer last night and left a message asking for the signed purchase agreement - and a order number that I can call mazda with.

$500 over invoice is what I wanted to pay, and there is no trade in or anything. The dealership is about 3 hours away - because they were the only dealership that A) would give me the price I wanted to pay (Refused to pay > MSRP...and was willing to wait/order to pay ~invoice) and B) Was willing to order me the car i wanted NOT continually tell me "oh we can't order you one we're not allowed mazda won't let us" line of BS. I had checkbook in hand ready to put a deposit down at all the local dealers but none would budge.

I was told my deposit is non-refundable - so I don't think i can really walk away. I've gotten a few calls that dealers have gotten cars in like i want - CB GT w/ nav - over the past few months still far from here, and still asking MSRP or more. I like to trust people...but this stealership is making it very difficult to do that.

Anyways...I guess if i don't hear back from my salesman today I'll be calling directly to the sales manager after work.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
WooHoo!!! :-D

Got my born on date, and ship date...bit behind what I hoped for but i will survive the wait i suppose :)

Built on 1.20.07 and the boat is leaving port 1.25.07 - so mid march I guess I'll be expecting my car. Month before my BDay so thats fine w/ me, at least now I know the timetable of when i will need all my loan paperwork sorted out! :)

Thanks for all of your help guys!
-Matt

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
glad to hear you finally know something :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts