Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was out looking at the dealer today--all they have is cars with 17" or 15".
I am not wild about the look of the 17" (not ugly but not great) at all and was wondering what the 16" look like.

Any one post a pic?

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
I much rather have the 16" design in a 17".

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks---I agree. The 16" look like it has elements from both the 17" and then 15". Better for sure.

·
Registered
267 Posts
The only thing the 16's have that the 17's don't is their dinky small size... I like 17's all the way. It gives you a lower profile too, which looks sportier. If they had 18's or 19's in the same 5 spoke look, I'd get those. I don't like the bling-bling shiny chome aftermarket stuff.

·
Registered
427 Posts
And then there are those of us who don't like the looks of low profile tires and don't appreciate their harsher ride or greater susceptibility to damaging the wheels.

I was comparing a sedan w/16" vs a hatch w/17" side by side last week and I thought the 16's looked better on the car.

YMMV

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Bombadil said:
And then there are those of us who don't like the looks of low profile tires and don't appreciate their harsher ride or greater susceptibility to damaging the wheels.

I was comparing a sedan w/16" vs a hatch w/17" side by side last week and I thought the 16's looked better on the car.

YMMV
The 17s on my hatch look small. 19s to the rescue!!

As for damaging.. if you go with a cheap ass wheel, yea your gonna have problems.

FORGED ALL THE WAY

·
Registered
427 Posts
To my eyes, 19" wheels look like bicycle wheels on cars. All wheel, no tire. That's the image that comes to my mind everytime I see them.

But style is subjective, so to each their own. Just like picking colors and spoilers and grills and ...

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
MZ6ZoomZoom said:
Yeah I like 17's, personally, but bigger just starts lookin like... a bicycle wheel.
True.. but BIG wheels are soooo sexy!

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
Ride quality is definitely better with 16's, but 17's on the 6 don't make a whole lot of difference. There is more road noise though, definitely, and 18's-wow! lots of road noise. Regardless, I want the 17's b/c the 16's on the 6 have too much tire showing. IMO, I think 16's or 17's would look fine on the 3 b/c the 16's looked just fine on the P5.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Too much roadnoise > Dynamat the whole floor and firewall.

If the weather keeps looking nice, I may purchase my wheels sooner.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm really beating myself up over the 16's or the 17's.

I like the style of the 16's better but I would think that the 17's would look better on the car. Then again, with the 3 being a smaller car the difference may not be a huge as say the Mazda6.

I went with the 16's on my car because the car just caught my eye when I saw it. When I first saw it from a distance, all I knew was it was a black 4-s and it looked good. Then when I looked at the sticker, I saw it was lacking the sport package but I didn't really seem to care, the car just looked good. Now that I've seen pictures of them both, I still don't know what to think. I like each for different reasons and I think the sills with the sport package are a joke, they don't do much for the car, just looking at a glance you can't really tell a whole lot is different and an untrainded eye wouldn't see a difference.

I'm sure I'll kick this around for a while longer but I needed to let out what I'm thinking. :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Actaully, I don't get it until Friday. All of the paperwork is done but it had a scratch on the front bumper which they are fixing. If you want to send me a pm with your email address I'd be more than happy to email you a few pics, probably on Saturday. I'll probably also post the pics in the multimedia section as well.

Where are you at in Philly? I'm only about 50 minutes southeast of the stadiums.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts