Mazda3 Forums banner

What colour...?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I intend to order either the white, gray, or the burnt orange GT sedan ...I'm just curious as to a) what everyone thinks and b) is the orange rare...?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Around here at least I've seen very few white and yellow. Orange would probably fit in the "middle" catagory with Blue/Black/Red and everybody and their cousin has about 10 gray and silver on the lot. In fact, the only colors I've seen on the road are gray or silver.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You guys are awesome. I've viewed this board for awhile now - it's great that import owners can be mature and literate on a messageboard. So glad I found this place!

·
Registered
102 Posts
As stated silver has become a very popular color for cars and is very common on the road and i think you could just throw the gray into that category...for a sporty car i would assume that the orange would be a pick for those looking for a neat change from the norm and mazda's orange is very nice compared to some...as for the white i don't i see many white cars any more, upkeep is kinda hard and i think it is a dying race. Don't get me wrong the car does look great in white (from what i can see with pics on here since i have yet to see one let alone this car on the road)but i just think that it is very uncommon.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I was really thinking about getting a Artic White because they are rare and it brings out the lines on the car better (with dark tinted windows too of course). I also worry how the white will look like in a couple of years. Will it turn yellowish like other cars do? We have a 95 mecury mystique in white and still looks great once its waxed and washed (although we rarely do that). :D

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Azure said:
You guys are awesome. I've viewed this board for awhile now - it's great that import owners can be mature and literate on a messageboard. So glad I found this place!
Glad you like it and us. 8)

Vasculio said:
white looks reallie good for HB hehe ...
Yeah it does. I test drove a white hatch and fell in love. Problem is I already have a new car (MZ6s sedan) and would be in the hole if I traded it in. :(

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
What about the white sedans? I like the color white and I like the sedan better but the combination of the two might look too plain. :shock:

·
Registered
26 Posts
EnFuego138 said:
the only colors I've seen on the road are gray or silver.
That's funny- I have been looking attentively everywhere I go and haven't seen ANY on the road yet. I guess it could have something to do with living in Texas...lots of trucks but no badass mz3's. :wink:

·
Registered
168 Posts
I've seen lots of tiGrey, winning blue & some silver,sunset orange & indigo blue. On the rare side are white (1), sand mica (1), black (1) & red (2). I should add that orange on the sedan is rare (seen 1); most of the orange ones I've seen are hb's.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
jintegra said:
I've seen lots of tiGrey, winning blue & some silver,sunset orange & indigo blue. On the rare side are white (1), sand mica (1), black (1) & red (2). I should add that orange on the sedan is rare (seen 1); most of the orange ones I've seen are hb's.
What did you think of the white in comparison with all the other colors you've seen? What was the tail light that the car had? (red or black and how did that look on the white sedan.)

·
Registered
168 Posts
I saw the white one (a sport) while in a moving car, & it was only from the front so I can't comment on the tail lights. From what I recall, it was very clean & the contrast between the dark housing of the lights & body colour made the headlights really stand out. However, the problem with white (& black/dark colours, IMO) is that you have to keep them very clean, & that can be quite a challenge in Canada, especially during the winter months.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Heh, I wouldn't put Tit Grey in the rare column by any stretch of the imagination. I'd probably say Yellow, Red and White are amongst the rarest I've seen with Orange close by..

·
Registered
75 Posts
lol titanium colour is not rare dats like everywhere
well.. in GVA dat is .. hmm white is rare now but sooner or later yes it'll get more popular so i chose orange ;P

·
Registered
78 Posts
What about strato blue?

(which I personally think is a great color)

As I recall there are only 1-2 strato blues on these boards, 4 *or* 5 door.
Definitely much rarer than tit gray, I'd put it up there with white and orange instead.

And hey intoinfinity - where in TX?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts