Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so lemme just make sure what we don't get...

black/clear rear lights (I REALLY WANT!)
HID's or Xenons (very nice...but expensive anyways, unecessary for the class of car it is. Just get some PIA bulbs)
Power/heated seats (dont care about)
Navigation (don't care about )
Side/curtain airbags (would really like for parents peace of mind)

what else?

To get the GFX do I have to get leather seats? I plan on gettign a GT...but I don't think I like the GFX front end that much (front bumper and fog light area)...I don't want leather seats. but I would like the moonroof.

I hope we get the two tone colour...because in the US list it specifically says "two tone colours black/blue or black/red" for Canada is just says "sport seats."

Anyways if you DO have to get the leather seats. for 2grand you get body kit, upgraded 17" rims, moonroof, sport grill, and leather seats? Good deal.

but considering I would rather use the 16" rims as winter wheels and get different aftermarket ones....get a (future Mazdaspeed) body kit that I would actually really like. and I would rather have a 2-tone interior (sport seats). And I would want the sporty grill....if its the same as the MZ6 one.

I can live without a sunroof. even though it would be nice. I guess it would mean more head room lol. Maybe I can just get it byitself as an option? It sucks how for the GS you can get the moonroof in the sport package but for the GT you need the GFX package??? wassup with that?

So i would end up spending a bit more, but I would have a younger looking more unique ride for my 19 year old ass. Anyways I really should be studying for my Calculus midterm. peace

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Get the GS and add the Sport Package and Power Package. You'll get everything except those sport seats.

I would like the 2.3L but for $1788 more it doesn't make sense over a similarily-equipped GS.

Leather is stand-alone.

Dru: Are you at Western or York/U of T?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the GT gets a lot of small stuff I would rather have since I'm gonna have the car for a long time.

Western, what about you?

·
Registered
984 Posts
Maybe send letters/emails to Mazda. If they realize there is a great demand for that in Canada, maybe they will offer it next model year? If no one complains, they don't know! :)

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
I have a friend at Western and a lot of ppl from my high school went there. He's in the Business program though. I'm at York. Last year (finally!). We'll keep in touch as there will be Mazda3 meets in TO next summer (2004).

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah I'm first year, I'm the opposite. I know lots of people who went to york but not Western.

In regards to getting a GS once you add power package/AC/sport package it isn't 2 grand difference...more like $460. I think $460 is worth all the small things you get, "leather steering wheel etc" sport seats, 2.3L engine etc.

Then again you said you really wanted a sunroof and that would make getting the GS worth it.

Oh one thing.. is the centre console always going to have those red highlights? (check the picture of interior when you click on Features/specs on mazda.ca) I wanted to get a blue theme going on...lol too bad I couldn't have blue lights on my centre console instead of the red.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Yeah I REALLY want a sunroof. That along w/MT and AC I will not compromise on. I love the sunroof in my Maxima!!!

Yes, the centre console will have the orange/red lights on all trims. when you turn the volume up/down lights will light-up to show you that. Apparently it's pretty cool.

As for the blue lights, I don't think we're getting them in Canada :) If we are, that's another point for the GT.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah. so anyways I'm not 100% sure I'm getting a car very soon anyways..this is all just pre release dreaming I do all the time. I've done it when the Nissan Sentra SE-R spec V was released...same iwth the Mazda6...and now with the Mazda3. But if I pass/do well in first year eng my parents might help me out.

·
Registered
110 Posts
My dealer in Brampton told me we are getting the two tone sport seats in Canada on the GT's. The colour codes are BP5 and BP6. The dealer also told me that the BP5 (blue) interior comes with the titanium grey exterior. This is different than the States and he assures me it is right. I am hoping this is the blue interior we are getting because it looks good.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah that one looks good. the pic I saw was a very pin striped lookiong interior...and with a large section of the door panel in the same pin stripe tone....and on the seat...it was on the part on the side of the thights...not under your ass.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts