Mazda3 Forums banner

What is the one thing that you don't need but will not buy a car without?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my last car with a sunroof and now I cannot have anohter car without one. What is the one thing that you don't "need" on your car, but you have to have (limited to these choices)?

·
Registered
882 Posts
Actually about the only thing on that list I have is the Sunroof so that's my only way to vote I guess. This is my first car in several years with a Sunroof so it's nice to have it back again. I'll probably enjoy it more in the summer and spring.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I came from a Jeep Wrangler, so I need to maintain somewhat of an open air feeling. Sunroof and ABS were my two requirements.

·
Registered
5,149 Posts
Moonroof. My first new car (Chevy Cavalier 02 Coupe) had a moonroof, now that is one of the first things I look for.

Everything else are just 'nice' options. One thing I always get done to my vehicles is tinting. Something I prefer to not be without. :)

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
My g/f says she could never live without stick...

Oh I mean manual. Cant live without it

·
Registered
947 Posts
Out of that list, only manual transmission is a must-have for me. I also must have ABS and airbags, and in fact it was the only option I was looking to get. But I couldn't find a car so equipped in the color I wanted. So...

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
vaBooM said:
My g/f says she could never live without stick...

Oh I mean manual. Cant live without it
lmao.
i couldn't go back to a car without a sunroof. Cars without them are too dark now to me.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Reading through this, now I understand why Mazda made all those cars equipped only with sunroof.

I would be really interested in seeing how many of you can't live without ABS because Mazda made very few cars with only ABS.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I should have had ABS as a selections too. I didn't think that safety options would be so desired.

·
Registered
882 Posts
ABS just comes on on every Protege5 and Mazda 3 Sport here so it's a given. I wouldn't want to be without it but thankfully I don't have to worry about it. ;)

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Fobby_Monkey said:
my girl. What's the point of driving such a beautiful car when you don't have a beautiful girl sitting beside you? =D
but you supply the girl yourself, even though the car helps, you still have to do some of the work... you sly dog you

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was taught how to drive with a 91 Camry MT; that and my Focus are the only cars I have really driven. I have driven an AT about 4-5 times and I didn't feel comfortable with any of them, so I guess I am kinda dependent on a manual tranny

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
I'll never drive an automatic as long as I can help it (as long as there's an MT available), or until I have a family.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Definitely manual. Everytime I visit the rents and drive their car I do the motions for a manual only to find I'm stuck driving an auto-hohum. I don't feel like I'm driving, I get restless, and my left foot can't stand not doing anything :(

1 - 20 of 27 Posts