Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gen3 owners.. don't have much to go off of here. There's little to no information as most people that are active on here are gen1 owners, and gen3 owners don't seem to stick around, I assume due to lack of support all around.

Anyone got any ideas?

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
We seem to be a general forum with mainly maintenance things rather than mods.

If we have some mod how tos then they might be more interested.

We can start off by linking manufacturer installation instructions in a thread and then maybe going through stickies in other forums to see if we can add to our general data base

·
Super Moderator
6,350 Posts
Give it time, I guess not that many enthusiasts have adopted it yet (no mazdaspeed version, didn't have manuals initially, etc). I have seen some really nicely modified Gen3s on forums up here in canada, but the local forums are bigger and often more useful (due to local relevant advice, french, etc) than this one.

Fixing the forum skin so that this place doesn't look like a 1998 reject forum might also help. If you look at the competing forums they look infinitely nicer than here. Even some minor tweaks would go a long way. If we have access to that stuff I would do it.

·
Registered
14,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
M3R has a very active gen3 crowd, I guess there will just be a slow but sure transition somewhere at some point if this forum keeps slowing down (despite record signups over the past few years).

Balik (what's your real name anyway??) I like your last suggestion for sure.

·
FMV Admin
381 Posts
What about the forum is ugly if you don't mind me asking? The colours the layout? Also what can I do to help with the content you're looking for?

KN Community Support

·
Registered
14,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't mind the appearance to be honest, the default vB is easy to use. MSF to me is quite ugly, m3r is cheesy. This may be boring.

I think if we dropped the blues and made it all gray that would be nice?

I still wish we had the ability to tag users to grab attention, as that is just beyond useful.

·
Super Moderator
6,350 Posts
Some examples:
No new posts:

All the colors/headers are very bland. Logo could use some color or pictures of mz3s...

If you want good examples of what the competition looks like, here are my local mazda forums. Both are very active. TM3 gets tons of traffic, and M3Q even has hundreds of people who actually PAID for their forum memberships:
http://www.torontomazda3.ca
http://www.mazda3quebec.com

·
Registered
14,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quebec is pretty hideous IMO, I do like Toronto, it's a bit to much color for me though.

I just like clean and simple really.. I feel like to many forums have a lot of clutter (which.. most of them do..)

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
I dislike the Quebec one as well. Too busy

-edit

The M3T is really nice actually.

Nuse, if we go all gray that would be somewhat depressing. Not sure how to explain myself but grey is somewhat somber n shit.

But yeah, tagging people who'd be quite useful.

And side note.... Shouldn't we try to get more gen2 owners on here as well or is that too late at this point?

·
Super Moderator
6,350 Posts
I don't care what the color scheme is, I just feel like a bit of "3dness" (i.e. gradients, borders, rounded edges, whatever) would give this place a bit more personality. Also actually having a picture of a mazda3 somewhere in the header might be a nice touch.

-edit-
I just re-looked at the header. It has a nice gradient and rounded edges. It actually doesn't look that bad. All that needs to be done is carry that style through the rest of the forum skin.

Anyway this obviously isn't the thing stopping people from staying here, but couldn't hurt.

Might also be nice if we could clean up some of the sticky posts that have all of their formatting still ruined from the forum conversion.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
After school I can start looking up install manuals for aftermarket parts and linking them up on a thread in the gen pi section. I'll try and add a few things to the gen pu speed3 sticky as well.

But it seems gen 2s in general is somewhat of a lost cause at this point given that other forums are better established for that platform

1 - 13 of 13 Posts