·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have this trouble?

·
Registered
10,693 Posts
could you explain what happened in depth. from the brief description given, you will get some pretty vague answers.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry about that, I thought that would be a good way to get an answer. Well, when I turn on my car in the morning, it revs up and dies. Pretty much sums it up. It's happened 3 times. No check engine light or any kind of sensor. It's very unusual to me.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My car has about 53,000 on it. I put an alarm car that has a car starter.

·
Registered
10,693 Posts
hmm, the only time i have encountered a situation like this was when the MAF was disconnected/loose/very dirty, but in those instances the car would throw a CEL. id start checking there, and hopefully you get some more input from other people by that time.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry, I'm still learning the forum abbreviations, what's a MAF and CEL? Thanks for answering, it helps a lot.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So the MAF can be the problem why my car turns off all off a sudden when I start it up, I thought it could be the ignition coil or the ballast resistor.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That is correct, I went to the Mazda dealership yesterday (4/3/09) and I had them check the problem. My RPM's went haywire every time I would go on 4th gear and would accelerate when I release my foot off the gas. They removed my air filter and cleaned up the throttle body. By not cleaning it, the butterfly vales would stick and that would keep the car accelerating. Good thing I caught the problem before it got worse. Just a reminder, for people that has no warranty, the throttle body costs about $600 with an additional $180 for labor. Like I say, a real car owner will know what's wrong with their car instantly.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
really? it's just 2 screws? I thought it was more to that. :thinking: bc they had to clean the inside of the throttle body and get some gunk out. But luckily I didn't have to change anything out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts