Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was thinking about either replacing the knob or gettin a cover, the door panels, the dash, and the mats. At first i wanted to get blue, but iono cus the interior lighting is red.. or maybe i should make a silver/black theme inside?.. or better yet is there a way to replace the red with blue lights?.. anyone help?

·
Registered
156 Posts
you can change the pedals, replace the e-brake handle...

as for changing the interior lighting to blue, the plastic that the light shines through on the center console is red, so a blue light behind it would most likely look purple. You'd have to somehow remove the red plastic and somehow replace it with clear or blue.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I added some blue accent lighting to my winning blue hatch with the idea that the gauge has blue in it and there is a little blue light that shines down on the shifter. So honestly it wouldn't look bad with the blue but the silver/black would look pretty classy.

·
Registered
436 Posts
looks sharp...would be even better with the alum pedals as you said. how did you hook em up?

·
Registered
604 Posts
http://mazda3forums.com/viewtopic.php?t=5549
I got the idea from here. All I did was cut the power to the cigarette lighter thing, wired an inline 10 amp fuse and then hooked it up to a Bell Automotive distributor block from Pep Boys and then wired the neons into that. I'm not an electronics wizard but I ran it by a few people and they thought it sounded safe. I can try to do a how to if enough people are interested, but it wouldnt be exactly a step by step because I didn't take any pictures while I was working on it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.