Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I was just wondering if anyone new what speakers the MZ3 had, how many watts, or if they are 2-way or 3-way speakers etc...

what kind of amp does the mz3 use? is it built into the cd-player or a standalone AMP????

Also: I was quoted an extra $900 for the MP3 player, does that sound right ?

Thanks

M

·
0 Posts
I dunno bout the speakers..

But $900 for the mp3???

I think the dealer told me it was gonna cost me 600??

·
Registered
650 Posts
I haven't pulled the radio out or looked at the speakers yet, but I'd say the head unit pumps out about 40w per channel or less. I'm not sure on the manufacturer but in previous Mazda's they have used Clarion head units and speakers.

The sound quality isn't too bad with ok bass response and good mid range but as with most factory stereo's it leaves a lot to be desired for a audio enthusist.

·
Registered
650 Posts
ummm.....I don't recall any specs but then again I didn't read the manual with too much attention to detail. I just wanted to know how the functions worked.

M

·
0 Posts
ahahhaha..

No one ever reads the manual unless somethings gone wrong or you can't figure out something...

LOL.. :D

·
Registered
650 Posts
In the manual it mentions TCS (Traction Control System) but I have never seen or heard anyone talk about the MZ3 having traction control. I know the Astra Turbo has a traction control button to turn it on and off depending if you want to smoke up the rubber or not.

There are a few other options and things in the manual that we don't have either.

·
Registered
650 Posts
What is EDB / EBD?
I think it had something to do with applying the brakes to wheels that lost traction and perhaps redistributing the power to the non slipping wheel. I might have to read the manual again!

·
Registered
176 Posts
TCS is on North American Models. The head units are made by Panasonic or Pioneer......one of those ones that start with a P :)

Also, I believe that the headunits are interchangable from MZ2, MZ3 and MZ6. They apparently have the same part numbers in Mazda parts catalogs.

Door speakers are Dual cone 5*7" I believe

·
Registered
108 Posts
the unit is a Pioneer...

Nothing special though. Only four speakers offered with no option for premium audio... pretty lame I think.

Only way to get decent sound would be put in new speakers and a more powerfu amp..

M

·
0 Posts
What is EDB / EBD?
I think it had something to do with applying the brakes to wheels that lost traction and perhaps redistributing the power to the non slipping wheel. I might have to read the manual again!
I'm not entirely sure, cos i haven't got my car yet..

But it's EBD which is Electronic Brake force Distribution, which is exactly what you said.

·
Registered
14 Posts
When I asked the dealer, he wasn't able to give me a price yet on the mp3. What I find hard to justify though is paying $600+ for the MP3 player, when they have to take out the 6 stacker CD to replace it with. When did an MP3 player cost $600 more than a 6 stacker CD??? :roll:

·
Registered
650 Posts
Elmo said:
the unit is a Pioneer...

Nothing special though. Only four speakers offered with no option for premium audio... pretty lame I think.

Only way to get decent sound would be put in new speakers and a more powerfu amp..
VaBoom from the US has done a upgrade to his MZ3 stereo with a great how to guide on the Sound Domain web site. He's upgraded the speakers, added 2 amps and a sub.

http://www.sounddomain.com/memberpage/495957

·
Registered
650 Posts
Our American friends are lucky enough to get tweeters in front doors too. Guess it might be possible to buy the door trim sections from the US or Japan. It's just the plastic bit on the inside of the door where the rear vision mirrors attach. (A pillar - might be the correct term)
I would assume the Australian delivery stereo has the same wiring loom for 6 speakers but the 2 tweeters aren't connected.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I am not sure if this is the case with the Mz3.But my MPV doesn't come with front tweeters,but according to some of the owners in North America,some of their models which doesn't come with front tweeters either,but they have wire sockets made ready there, so one only have to connect some aftermarket's one,then bingo,you get upgrade sound instanly.But not the same luck with the MPV that comes to Oz here.As I have found out by ripping the front cover,only finding out,there are no wires or sockets whatsoever :( So I hope you guys have better luck with the MZ3.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi peoples

I agree bicycle Rider, why would an mp3 player cost (in my case) $900 more than a front load 6 stacker. In my opinion a 6 stack front loader would be very expensive to buy from the local stereo shop. I paid $300 for my JVC mp3 cd head unit.

My suggestion to anyone who wants to get the mp3, make sure they either get to keep the old indash 6 stacker or get a huge reduction from the mp3 player.

I have decided that if I cant get a cheaper rate Ill keep the 6stacker at least its front loading......

Mazda Australia are being really sucky about all their extra accesories. and another thing many of the dealers ive been to, dont really know to much about the mazda3 options. and one more thing booo no sunroofs.

there is plenty more I could complain about mazda but the server on this forum would run out of space. (Im still buying mz3 next week)
dohh!!!

·
Registered
108 Posts
ABSO-BLOODY-LUTELY...

I agree Mazda Australia have lost the plot with the accessories....

Seems like they're happy to produce a car that we must accept.. it's all about the economics... (and being worried about cannibalising MZ6 sales - which is not a valid argument if you do the numbers) and not about the customer.

With simple options like premium audio, sunroof, leather, rear spoiler change on SP23, plus cruise control not standard!! (on a car that's made for crusing!!) it's all very annoying.. to the point that I can't get myself to place an order.

The fact that dealers have no clue and can't give a straight and conistent answer highlights the fact.

Summary, If you want options - be prepared to fork out your hard earned dollars.... and that will be 'dealer fitted'... not 'factory fitted' - doesn't have the same ring to it!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Another factor to keep in mind is that Mazda are replacing the old 323 which sells for $19990. If they did in fact give the MZ3 all the bells and whistles then the base model MZ3 Neo would end up as expensive as a the base model MZ6.

I see your point regarding the SP23. If you are paying $33k onroad then you want everything as standard.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Having got the MP3 player for my pending SP23 I can say its $535 excluding gst and stamp duty.

The player will fully integrate with the dash and the in dash readout that also displays the SP23's external temperature, etc.

An aftermarket player may be cheaper, however it won't integrate and will look crappy but may have more functionality so its a tradeoff.

Mazda should definitely let you keep the 6 disc changer that came with the SP23.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts