Mazda3 Forums banner

What are your performance plans?

8K views 49 replies 23 participants last post by  TellyDSP 
#1 ·
I just want to see what everyone is planning on doing or what they expect out of this car in the future.

Me, this is going to just be a daily driver, so I'm just going to get all the luxury options, tint the windows, lower it and probably the Kenstyle kit. I'll throw in some bolt on's, intake exhaust header. Maybe some Rims eventually (I like the stock 17's). I think that's it.

#2 ·
So far:

Tinted windows 20%
Stubby antenna

In the next month:

1/0 Gauge power for 2 amps
Phoenix Gold 4 channel
CDT 6.5" Components up front
CDT 6.5" Coaxils in the rear

Month After:

15" sub
Cadence mono amp or Hifonics

MARCH, my bday:

19" wheels and lowering

Turbo, nitrous or supercharger when available.

#3 ·
My plans: Pretty much nothing. :p

I'll probably replace the stock tires (once they wear out) with a set of Pilot A/S for sure and I might tint the windows, but probably not.

I have neither the time, nor the money, nor the knowledge/experience to do serious mods. I'm pretty much impressed and satisfied by what this car offers in stock form.

But it would be very interesting to see what the rest of the community chooses to do with their 3's... 8)

#4 ·
I'll likely tint the windows within the next month or so when cash allows. Other than that a K&N and a Catback will probably be all I do this upcoming year. In fact I will be unlikely to change much else other than possibly winter tires and rims next fall for the whole time I own the car.

#6 ·
cowtown said:
I'll likely tint the windows within the next month or so when cash allows. Other than that a K&N and a Catback will probably be all I do this upcoming year. In fact I will be unlikely to change much else other than possibly winter tires and rims next fall for the whole time I own the car.
Yo cowtown. Ask sunridge for a place to get you a good deal.. or I can give you the place that they gave me.

#7 ·
they gave me a place last time that was alright but I forgot the name, I know it was just down 32nd a ways in the industrial park, is that the place you went? Lemme know I'll probably try to tint it up all purty late next month. :D

#9 ·
Up to you. Only problem is, you cant launch at the starting line to spool the turbo up. If your not concerned about drag racing, then its either.

Some pros and cons:

Turbo - Pros > Adjustable; high end power, wicked spool up and blow off noises lmao. Cons > Expensive; high maintenance. Must intercool above 8psi.

Super - Pros > Instant power; flat torque power; low maintenance; no intercooler needed due to shorter intake piping. Cons > Power limited to charger size and pulley; non-adjustable; pulley tends to slip at high rpms, unless kit comes with a guard.

There are many, many more factors. But that does help break it down some. Prices are close to each other, but turbo kits with intercoolers will generally be more expensive.

#10 ·
Already done:

- MOMO shifter
- Tinted windows
- 10" billet aluminum antenna
- MOMO SuperTurismo Aluminum Pedals
- Yokohama AVS Winter 901
- Ichibahn red anodized aluminum Valve stem caps

When available on the market and when weather will permit...i.e. Spring time:

- CAI cold air intake. Injen, HKS, K&N
- Catback HKS or another good brand
- MAYBE Lowering the car a little...not to much here because of the snow and the crappy roads.
- Caliper painted with G2 red

:p

#14 ·
I'd like to add a cold air intake (AEM when available)
- Muffler (any suggestions?)
- HID Kit
- Spoiler (Type R Style)
- Gun Metal Mags (18" if I can find a good deal)
- Maybe change the shifter....

#24 ·
Ok pals, i live in Barranquilla a Caribean city of Colombia. I think MZ3 will be available here for the end of 2004 so i have enough time to think about Mods and to enjoy my Protege 2001.
Anyway i want a MZ3 sedan 2.0L with:
- ABS pack
- Side sills kit
- Rise rear spoiler
- tinted windows 20%

I wil install in my MZ3 an audio system (currently in my Protege):
- Alpine 600Watts AMP driving front Pioneer 150W components and two rear 6x9 220W Pioneer.
- Alpine equalizer ER 180
- Jensen 300W AMP for two subs

Performance:
- maybe CAI, but i will wait you wise people install yours and then i will decide.

bye and Merry christmas

#26 ·
Here in Colombia Mazda assembles the cars in Bogotá and they have different colors than US has but i would like something like Titanium Gray or a clear Blue that Mazda calls here Niagara Blue.

My Protege 2001 is Astral gray, a litle bit darker than Titanium gray

bye
UHZT

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.