Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i've compiled a list of what folks outside of the US are getting STANDARD that we're not...

dead pedal, led clear tail/brake lights, rain sensing wipers, auto/sensing headlights, stock alarm, and heated side view mirrors

anyone have anything else to add? and why the hell couldn't we get this stuff as well?

EDIT: Thread title :twisted:

·
Registered
481 Posts
dead pedal??

yur talking US vs Canada spec i hope... because if you go up against europe and japan theres more stuff that NA doesn't get (auto climate control, aero wipers, TCS, stability control etc)

Also, don't forget all the equipment you can get in the US that we can't in Canada...
side airbags
curtain airbags
nav system
TPMS
Xenon headlights

Does all that not make up for the other stuff u can't get? :?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Slalom said:
dead pedal??

yur talking US vs Canada spec i hope... because if you go up against europe and japan theres more stuff that NA doesn't get (auto climate control, aero wipers, TCS, stability control etc)

Also, don't forget all the equipment you can get in the US that we can't in Canada...
side airbags
curtain airbags
nav system
TPMS
Xenon headlights

Does all that not make up for the other stuff u can't get? :?
i'm talking about all areas vs. US specs, and you just gave me a few more *roar* and yes, aside from the xenons i would trade all the rest of that stuff for some of the cooler options like heated mirrors, leds, and the souped up wipers and headlights

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
Slalom said:
dead pedal??
yeah, he states that he's talking about outside the US. I wish everything for most cars was offered in all markets.

·
Registered
481 Posts
ok but whats with the dead pedal? you don't have a dead pedal in US cars??

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nope i'm fairly certain we just have a big carpeted mount (same for the 6s so i've heard)... for a sporty car to overlook a dead pedal seems pretty shitty.. i know it's like the most insignificant feature compared to all those other ones i posted.. but my POS 92 corolla has one and i've grown used to it. it's just another thing in the long list of interior features that mazda decided to either overlook or cut cost on the US trim..

·
Registered
481 Posts
king chile said:
nope i'm fairly certain we just have a big carpeted mount (same for the 6s so i've heard)... for a sporty car to overlook a dead pedal seems pretty shitty.. i know it's like the most insignificant feature compared to all those other ones i posted.. but my POS 92 corolla has one and i've grown used to it. it's just another thing in the long list of interior features that mazda decided to either overlook or cut cost on the US trim..
strange... ive got a huge one with vinyl strips on it and all... i can't see a feature like that being different between countries.. hey other US 3 owners, do you have a real dead pedal?

·
Registered
563 Posts
No dead pedal. Just a cheaply carpeted floor hump. I wouldn't mind a right hand drive setup either. At least they have room to put their feet on the gas pedal.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
I don't have a dead pedal either!! and I live in Canada... wtf? Other canadians getting this dead pedal? Maybe the automatic get one but the manual don't?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hmmm. I don't have a huge vynal strip on my "dead pedal" just carpet. I was kinda pissed at that. Maybe it just wasn't available at the beginning (I got my car 1st week of December). Maybe my dealer forgot to install it.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
haha it's really funny tha with all the better options that other places are getting stock, we're all pissed about the dead pedal. and i agree telly [intrinsically] the pedals are going to take some getting used to (when i test drove i kept missing them because they're short, high, and close together)

·
Registered
98 Posts
whats a dead pedal?

sorry, im not so much into cars. i prefer sports and such, but when i saw the mazda 3 for teh first time i fell in love instantly. and all of a sudden im into cars. i just need to get some terms right. :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
vartex said:
whats a dead pedal?

sorry, im not so much into cars. i prefer sports and such, but when i saw the mazda 3 for teh first time i fell in love instantly. and all of a sudden im into cars. i just need to get some terms right. :)
I'm pretty sure it's a fake pedal to the left of the clutch. A footrest.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
indeed it's a footrest.. with no footrest, i don't know where to put my foot when I am crusing..... i was thinking about bolting one on myself..but i don't want to drill something and discover there are wires behind it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
i put a dead pedal on (silver icibahn with a rubber grip)within a week... just screwed it into the carpet...looks nice problem solved...even in florida the carpet area would be destoyed

·
Registered
481 Posts
Slalom said:
king chile said:
strange... ive got a huge one with vinyl strips on it and all... i can't see a feature like that being different between countries.. hey other US 3 owners, do you have a real dead pedal?
had a closer look at mine... theres no vinyl on it, i was used to looking at the one in my P5 i guess! :roll:
anyway, its still a dead pedal/foot rest, its perfectly angled and plenty big enuff for your foot... whats the problem with it?

·
Registered
882 Posts
It's like a rubber pad put over the hump on the left hand side of the driver's footwell. It's a place to put your foot when you are driving. For people in Auto's it's pretty much where your foot is all the time, for manual drivers not so much but it's nice when your on a longer trip to have somewhere to put it. At any rate I think this is the first car in a long while that doesn't have it, not sure why really. I may try to figure something out for it in the spring but right now my winter mats I have are somewhat holding my foot above that spot anyways.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts