Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Can anyone give me steps to clear shift memeory. I gave my car for servicing at dealer and told them to clear shift memory and after servicing it still remains the same, they haven't cleared the shift memeory I guess.
Any steps will be helpful to me. Please guide me ASAP.

Regards
Shravan

·
Registered
469 Posts
Yeah, shift memory... Like that time on the freeway where you dropped two gears and blew past some doddlers. And that other time, down on Hwy 92 chasing a 330ci and you were so so smooth, flying up and down the gearbox. Beautiful... Mmmmm, shift memory. Of course, there's some bad memories too; the double-clutch that didn't want to go into 3rd at a very inopportune time, the grinding 5k rpm shift into second when you're 'racing' a friend...

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am a little confused by this question also. Are you saying the AT is preset at the factory with a shift memory, or does it learn this shift memory by your normal driving? I would think the factory has preset it to shift at certain points

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It does come with some amount of preset memory, it also learns a lot in due course as you keep driving, the worst part is if the cara is driven in slow traffic when the initial miles are put on, then you have no other choice but to clear that, and that is exactly what I am looking for. This will drive you crazy as you can see the needle jump from 5-6 RPM to mere 2-3 RMP when shifted to 2 from 1 in AT mode.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.