Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my bro used to have a SI... he change the stock exhaust with a twin loop... twin loops sounds great... its quiet at low RPM but roars at high RPM.... i bought a twin loop today... i expect to have it in my hands next week... why anyone try twin loop here? have you heard a honda civic or integra with a twin loop(wow sounds really good)? what ya think?

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
twin loop?...

do youmean dual exhaust? if so someone on here had one custom fab'd onto their car...didn't hear any sound clips but it looked nice.

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
hmm....

looks to be power robbing? what would be the benefits of it cycling the exhaust twice through the muffler? does it just add more sound thats it?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
see in youtube.com... my brothers as the ones in youtube when you are in low revs is not loud... i mean if you drive normal your car will not produce loud... but if you pass the 4 o 5 revs so youll have growling your car... i like it how it sounds... i dont know if you remember when two hondas(with twin loop) are racing that they starts are quiet but when in 1rst shift pass 4x1000 revs you can tell the difference... this technique was originaly from lamb. or ferrari i think... they made that to keep theyrs car quiet at normal driving but loudly when you push gas pedal... :p

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thats the problem of most people here... everyone use the same parts... everyone uses the same mods i mean anyone try something new in mazdas, thats not a waste of money dude i dunno if you lived middle 95`s vtec fever with honda/acura... that muffler was awsome.... look at this vid... that car in the vid just have the twin loop and a SRI,look how it sounds.... look my friends with twin loop muffler: (is not a mazda its honda so dont tell later i talk shit): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz_JgmLC07Q

·
Registered
12,565 Posts
Sounds like a normal aftermarket exhaust to me, I don't see where the louder bit or w/e you said earlier comes into play :dunno:

And we all use the same parts because of the R&D that goes into them, not because we are all the same. Not to mention we know that they are shown to give our cars gains

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i dont think it sounds like all aftermarket exhaust, ok i accept is not the big difference but i used to have a VW jetta with a borla... like the one someone posted about few days ago and somedays i didnt want to have loud at low rpms, sometimes i feel like bah im tired of this shit... this muffler sounds really quiet but very powerfull

·
Registered
10,538 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
not only for sound... my brother tried out with 3 different and this one gave better results... but i dont know if with my 3 is going to be the same... but i remember everyone used this exhaust... not big hp differences cuz we r talking about just a muffler... but this one was the best of the 3 we tried out... i hope this result on mazdas

·
Registered
12,565 Posts
[quote author=josian link=topic=70485.msg1232454#msg1232454 date=1172467326]
i dont think it sounds like all aftermarket exhaust, ok i accept is not the big difference but i used to have a VW jetta with a borla... like the one someone posted about few days ago and somedays i didnt want to have loud at low rpms, sometimes i feel like bah im tired of this shit... this muffler sounds really quiet but very powerfull
[/quote]

It says in the description that he's got a full exhaust, though. Now I'm confused

·
Registered
12,565 Posts
Hell man, if you are going to spend 130 bucks (or whatever it was) on a MUFFLER, you might as well just buy a whole exhaust. But hey, to each, their own. Just my .02

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
catback plus that would give it a good sound

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeap... catback... i told twin loop i never specified if it was with catback or not... i just wanted you to know the muffler he has... i think i dont have to tell even the weight of da car we r talking bout the muffleer

·
Registered
12,565 Posts
[quote author=small town king link=topic=70485.msg1232506#msg1232506 date=1172467926]
catback plus that would give it a good sound
[/quote]

I agree. I didn't realize you were talking about a combo setup, I thought you were just going to slap that thing on

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I'm not going to knock you! Sounds like a good idea to try something new. Post some clips when you get it on, I am interested to hear what it sounds like. I bet it will be a lot better than the skeptics believe. :goodjob:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
remember i have a 1.6... i cant find catbacks for my car... i have to fab a custom one... and oneil that one is not the exact i bought... mine cost 55 (OVX) w/o shipping... i am planning to take out the stock resonator and put a straight pipe and weld it to the twin loop :p... i have to that way cuz i cannot find catback for the 1.6... :(

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
its like trying integras parts on a chevrolet :p:p hehe... its using a classic and wellknown part on my 3

1 - 20 of 38 Posts