Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i posted in anotgher topic some week ago.
didnt seem to get some response.
you guys were talking about roz and what ur puttin into your baby.
and you pimps said things about 89 -91 roz????!!!
damn,
in austria / and the western europe countries i know ( germany swiss etc)
we just have 91 up to 99....

and ALL our new cars are supposed to be filled with 95 AT LEAST!!!

so otherwise the engines start to knock or make troubles THATS WHAT THE MANUAL SAY!!!!

so i dont know which system of roz u guys in NA you have, or if this is just a big conspiracy of the world oil companies....
but damn we pay a shitload for every litre of 95 roz.

we pay around 0.92 euros per litre = 1.49 canadian dollars

= 1.16 us dollars

if i would take 91 roz it would be some nicer.. 0.84 per litre

so BUT THEY FORCE US TO TAKE 95!!!!

damn...

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
If I'm guessing correctly, what you call roz in Europe we call octane here in N.A.

Here Mazda recommends only 87 Octane (here gas is anywhere between 87 and 93 octane) for the Mazda3. In NorCal we pay about $1.55/gallon for 87 octane (about $0.41/liter). We're pretty lucky on prices here (when it comes to the rest of the world), but everyone else has much better gas than us.

·
Registered
272 Posts
If I'm guessing correctly, what you call roz in Europe we call octane here in N.A.
Not exactly, ROZ or RON is Research Index, and N.A. uses (R+M)/2 method for octane rating. 91 ROZ or RON is regular gas, i.e., equivalent to N/A 87 octane gas. I did reply the same in response of to MrFuzzle's previous post, and obviously he didn't see it.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Heh, here in Calgary pretty much the centre of the oil and gas world for Canada I first filled up my Mazda @ 87 Octane (manual specified) for .59cents a litre. I'ts up to around .64cents a litre right now but should drop when it warms up a little bit.

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Yeah it's different methods of calculating the Octane level.

Our gas ranges from 87-93 octane... the MZ3 only requires 87 octane, and no benefit has ever been shown to using higher octane gasoline (without an ECU tune) in the MZ6.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts