Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dropped off the 3 today for some warranty issues...atleast they better be.
1. The ticking noise that everyone is talking about from the engine bay (showed up a couple of weeks ago). Maybe Intake like others.
2. My shifter in Manual mode still sticks. Sometimes it's fine, other times it feels like plastic slides under the console is messed I don't know I haven't taken it apart. Sometimes it won't even move so that I can shift, causing me to have to shift into Auto mode so the car will shift.
3. The usual vibrations from the doors with the radio on.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
[quote author=MCRacing524 link=topic=70523.msg1233265#msg1233265 date=1172509322]
3. The usual vibrations from the doors with the radio on.
[/quote]

I think I have that problem too....or maybe its the duel 12s out back :D.

But seriously, what the cause of this??

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LMAO yeah the 12's might have a little to do with it. Seriously though, I think there are two seperate issues in the door.

1. I've read where the speaker wire that goes from the voice coil to the terminal points are bent and have hit the speaker cone itself.
2. I think and this is just a guess, that the rod that goes from the interior door handle or lock to the exterior is vibrating in a plastic guide.

I don't know how the inside of our doors are designed I haven't been inside of them yet but having had other doors apart I'm thinking it maybe a plastic fastener that pushes into the metal framing and allows these rods to pass thru it. If I push with my forearm and elbow into the door panel right about where your elbow would sit on the door rest...then the vibration goes away. I know there have been tons of posts about that issue so I'm hoping by now the dealer knows what to do to take care of it.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Ah I see. Right now the main rattle that is driving me nuts is the cargo cover. I was going to get tint done so I could remove it but since some one keyed my drivers door I get to have the door repainted insted :x

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[quote author=Drunkn Munky link=topic=70523.msg1233625#msg1233625 date=1172515139]
Ah I see. Right now the main rattle that is driving me nuts is the cargo cover. I was going to get tint done so I could remove it but since some one keyed my drivers door I get to have the door repainted insted :x
[/quote]

Maybe try putting some felt or thin piece of rubber in the slides where the cargo cover sits. I know mine sometimes will raddle on the handle of my roller around tool bag. Drives me insane...I have to pull over and lay the tool bag down. It lifts the cover just enough to make it raddle as I go down the road.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well here is the latest. I need a new intake which the only one in stock is on the other side of the country and it didn't sound like they would over nite it so he was saying end of the week. As for the vibration they said they only heard tire noise...go figure guess I'll have to show them that one. They said they didn't find anything with the shifter sticking so looks like I'll have to take a service guy for a ride. It was sticking as I drove into the parking lot at the dealer. Atleast I'm getting the intake replaced now cuz I'm at 46,000 mi.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts