Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive plugged up my amp to my stock HU through an LOC and i have my two subs connected to the amp, and through this set up, im hearing the actual music as well as the bass coming through my subs. what's causing this? is it fixable? how? and is it bad?

·
Registered
36,001 Posts
Re: weird sub issue

You didnt set the filter on the amp. LP= only low frequencies go through, HP= only high frequencies go through, Straight through.. well we know what that is. Set your amp to LP, and your filter to about 160-180hz.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

its dark out so im gonna check that out tmrw. that sounds right though, i think i do have that set wrong. also, one more question, on the LOC, if it's adjustable, what exactly are you doing when you adjust that, and what is the 'proper' way to set that? im guessing it adjusts the voltage of the signal, but again, how would you go about 'properly' setting it?

·
Registered
36,001 Posts

I have no idea.. I've never used a LOC. You may want to put "LOC issue" or something similar in the thread title so somebody can come in here and answer your question.

·
Registered
97 Posts

[quote author=sh4dow link=topic=136409.msg2939681#msg2939681 date=1234762962]
its dark out so im gonna check that out tmrw. that sounds right though, i think i do have that set wrong. also, one more question, on the LOC, if it's adjustable, what exactly are you doing when you adjust that, and what is the 'proper' way to set that? im guessing it adjusts the voltage of the signal, but again, how would you go about 'properly' setting it?
[/quote]

Which LOC are you using? You only need to change the factory settings in rare conditions to match the expected input voltage of the downstream amp.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the help guys, i fixed the music out of the sub issue by changing it to low pass. im also running a q-power LOC or something? i cant remember.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts