Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have had my M3 GT 5sp sedan for almost three years and no issues so far. Now I have been noticing that when I shift sometimes i get this short little burt of a screech noise coming from the front. It usually happens when im aggressively shifting and i only really notice it from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd. asked the dealer to look into it and of course they said nothing was wrong. im getting nervous cause my warranty is close to being up and im afraid this could be the early signs of a real problem. Has anyone else had similar issues?

Thanks!

·
Registered
31,083 Posts
hmmm, most "screeching" noises i remember have been belt squeal caused by the power steering or AC pump bearings failing or somehow binding...not related to shifting. are you chirping the tires? :p jk
i suppose it could be the throwout bearing? i think maybe you should have somebody check it out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well ya it could be when i slip the clutch( i know its not good to do but occasionally it happens). Like when im using it to accelerate on to the freeway or zippping through LA traffic. but usually when I need to "get on it" I can hear it, and no its not my tires lol! thanks for the responses!!

·
Registered
10,527 Posts
I had a similar problem. If I would try to accelerate and slip the clutch too much, I would get a high-pitched squeel. I was making the clutch too hot because I was resting my foot on the clutch inadvertantly in traffic. I'm not sure if you do the same thing or not. Just a thought.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts