Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every car I've ever had has allowed you skip songs when in random play mode.

However, in my 3 - if I try to skip to the next random track (using either the steering wheel button or the buttons on the faceplate) it goes to the next track numerically (i.e. if I was in random and song 4 was playing - the next track buttons get me track 5 every time) and the random mode shuts off.

Also, trying to FF or Rewind through part of a song also cancells the random mode.

Can anyone confirm that this is how they are supposed to work? The owner's manual is a bit sketchy on this point.

I certainly wish it worked like every other car I've owned (i.e. skipped to the next random track and stayed in random mode).

The FF/REW buttons cancelling out the Random mode p*sses me off as well.

·
Registered
773 Posts
If you press random in random mode, it shuts off random mode. If you skip a track while in random mode, it goes to the next numerical song and turns off random mode, which is normal, though very annoying, for Pioneer made CD decks and MP3 players, so I guess Pioneer is responsible for the CD Changer/Player as well as the MP3 player.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Yeah, my old Pioneer did the same thing. The fast-forward/rewind shutting off of random mode is probably the most annoying, though. I'd also like an all-disc shuffle function, but I can't really complain. If it was a single-dish player I'd replace it with my old Kenwood, but having a 6-disc in-dash is infinitely nicer even if the functions are a little whacked.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
my 6CD acts that way too.

·
Registered
24 Posts
What happens if you hold the Random button down for 3-5 seconds? My Clarion deck/changer works this way...

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I'm confused.

But then again, I don't fiddle while driving. I haven't quite figured out where everything is on that car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts