Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this information is somewhere in this section of the forum, but I haven't been able to find it.

Can someone tell me the weight and offset of the OEM 18x7 wheels on the 2015 s Grand Touring?

I'm considering buying a set of aftermarket wheels because I dented two of my OEM wheels by running over one of those enormous wheel-destroying bumps that the city uses to separate turn lanes from traffic lanes. Those things are more hazard than help, IMO.

I can probably have my two dented wheels fixed for around $125 each. That would be my cheapest route, but I don't really like the idea. New OEM wheels are $420 each (wow). For about the cost of two new OEM wheels, I could buy a really nice set of aftermarket wheels. Re-manufactured OEM wheels run around $200 to $250 each. I could get a decent modestly priced set of aftermarket wheels for a little more than the cost of two of those.

Decisions, decisions. Maybe later I'll be wading into the "will it fit" thread, but first step is to find out what my OEM wheel weighs and what its offset is.

Can anyone help?

·
Super Moderator
1,207 Posts
I would go to TireRack.com and look at their options for wheels for your car. They give specs for the wheels available; here are the specs from the Enkei Performance Series EKM3 wheel:
  • Size: 18x7.5
  • Offset: +45 mm
  • Back Spacing: 5.91"
  • Weight: 22.0 lbs

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks shipo. I really like that Enkei Performance Series EKM3 in silver paint. It goes well with the Meteor Gray Mica paint on my 3.

I've been spending some time on TireRack over the past couple of days. There were very few (two, I think) 18x7 wheels that came up in my search. There were a lot more 18x7.5 wheels, and a huge number of 18x8 wheels. I want to keep my current 215/45 tires that have less than 10k miles on them. I know they'll fit on a 7.5 or 8 inch width wheel. An 8 inch wheel might be a little more curb-rash prone wearing 215s than a 7.5 inch would be.

I found a mention in one of the sticky threads that the offset on my 18x7 wheels is +50. Now I just need the weight. I mainly want to make sure that any aftermarket wheel I consider won't be heavier than the stock wheel.

Spouse really likes the OEM wheel, so I still might wind up having the damage repaired.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found a reference elsewhere saying they are 26.8 lbs each. Pretty darn heavy, as you said, shipo, especially considering it's only a 7 inch width. Most aftermarket 18x8s weigh less than that. If I get a chance, I'm going to weigh my OEM wheels just to corroborate.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I'll go with cheap and strong, FTW! I'm liking the Bremmer Kraft BR09 Hyper Silver in 18x8 +45. At under $200 per wheel, low-pressure cast, and 23.0 lbs, it's not a light weight flow-formed race wheel, but it's not nearly as expensive either, and it is still almost 4 lbs lighter than the OEM 18x7.

If money were no object and it weren't the spouse's car, I'd go with 18x8.5 Konig Hypergrams and 225/40 tires, and roll my rear fender lips. But spouse wouldn't be thrilled about that, so not gonna happen.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I decided on the Bremmer Kraft BR09 wheels in Hyper Silver. When shown on my car at TireRack, they look good. I hope they look as good in person.

Thanks to all for the comments and assistance.

Just to restate it in case anyone is looking for this info, and finds this thread:

18x7 OEM wheels from 2015 s Grand Touring:
Offset +50mm
Weight 26.8 lbs

·
Registered
502 Posts
Are your wheels 18" gunmetal 10-spoke alloy? When I look up a 2015 s Grand Touring Mazda 3 on oemautopartz.com (Browning Mazda out of California) I see part number B45B-V3-810 for $219 each. It's the only wheel that shows up for that car. $450 ea. sounds super expensive.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
No, they are 18" silver, but they otherwise look like the gunmetal wheel. Here is my wheel from the online catalog at Priority Mazda, Wheel, Alloy - Mazda (9965-22-7080):

• Manufacturer: Mazda
  • Part Number: 9965-22-7080
  • Part: Wheel, Alloy
  • Replaces: 9965-30-7080

https://www.prioritymazdaparts.com/oem-parts/mazda-wheel-alloy-9965227080/?c=Zz1mcm9udC1zdXNwZW5zaW9uJnM9d2hlZWxzJmk9NTQxOTI5MDUmcj0zJmE9bWF6ZGEmbz0zJnk9MjAxNSZ0PXMtZ3JhbmQtdG91cmluZyZlPTItNWwtbDQtZ2Fz

They show a list price of $420.29, which is exactly what my local dealer quoted me. However, Priority Mazda is listing a "sale price" of $315.16. That's a good price, but two of them would still cost me nearly the same as a full set of four aftermarket wheels cost.

No, wait, they estimate shipping from VA to TX at $295. Absurd. So it is still very much cheaper to buy four aftermarket wheels (less than $800, including shipping from Tire Rack) than to buy two OEM wheels from Priority Mazda or from my local dealer.

Here are the shipping options from Priority Mazda:

Shipping Method

• $295.14 UPS - Ground
  • $295.66 FedEx Ground U.S. Shipping - FedEx Ground Home Delivery
  • $551.65 UPS - 3 Day Select
  • $800.39 UPS - 2nd Day Air
  • $998.32 UPS - Next Day Air
Those are simply unbelievable. I'd heard that Priority Mazda was a good online supplier of Mazda parts, but shipping rates such as those above are a strong deterrent. In fact, you'd have to be kind of stupid to pay that rate for shipping. My shipping cost for the full set of four Bremmer Kraft wheels from Tire Rack is $78.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Interesting. Same wheel, but slightly different color. Tasca has the part number you show for $295. But shipping costs can always kill the deal.

We have a Tire Rack distribution center in Denver, so shipping to that site is free. We gladly drive 30 miles to pick up our tires since we don't have to pay shipping costs!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It didn't occur to me to call local salvage yards. That would have been a reasonable thing to do, but no need now, as I've already got a set of aftermarket wheels from Tire Rack on the way. Should be here Wednesday.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts