Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys , first , sorry for my english i'm from Québec.
I'd like to know if you had some problems with the wear of your tires, i'm riding on Hankook V4ES 225/45ZR17, it's directionnal and i rotaded them 3 times last summer (24oookm), they are now done in only 24000km for a treadwear of 420. The inside shoulder is flat and extremely noisy.
I always had 32 PSI and no suspension modification.
I noticed that a lot of you ride on 225/45ZR17, did you have an even wearing on your tires, it is a solution to go back to 205/50VR17, do i need to say that 225/45/17 looks much better.

·
Registered
31,083 Posts
i would say it might be alignment rather than tire size.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Last check for alignement was for mi winter tires on January and it was perfect. I thought to go with assymetrical tires to be able to do right and left. What about Nitto or Sumittomo HTRZ III, or mi favorit is Kumho ASX

·
Registered
31,083 Posts
it's funny, the front looks like there is a lot of camber, but it could be the pic.

maybe somebody else with wider tires will chime in.

i really like the Sumitomos (very sticky, quieter than the RSAs, but might not last long being Max Performance.)
but if you need all-seasons they might not be what you want. i assume it snows up there and/or it gets near or below freezing.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm riding on studded winters from the 1 november to the 1 mai so all seasons is not absolutely a must.i droped mi millage from 24000miles to 125000miles so if i can hope 2 summers i'll be good.
For the snow we have aprox. 150 in. per winter, i love riding in a snow storm at night with the yellow fog lights on, the Hankook witer i-pike studded grip like a tractor.

·
Registered
31,083 Posts
[quote author=tigermack link=topic=134105.msg2884323#msg2884323 date=1232681174]
Alignment specs? Toe?
[/quote]

looks like toe and camber are a bit off! :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts