Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i pull my car into the shop tonight to do an alignment and some other stuff and noticed that my intake manifold was cracked all along the top weld,

i was running 20 psi earlier in the week and than yesturday it started to loose boost and i could only hit 10psi, looked over everything and thought it was my wastegate but than today i found this.

weapon r has always had a reputation for shitty products but i figured id buy it cause i thought it would be better than the stock plastic one with holding up to boost but i guess i was wrong

· Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote author=*txmica3* link=topic=136180.msg2933839#msg2933839 date=1234508602]
in all honesty i was surprised you bought it to begin with adam.. weapon r = not quality.
[/quote]

yea i know

[quote author=tigermack link=topic=136180.msg2933849#msg2933849 date=1234508885]
Cosworth mani next?
[/quote]

well i dont really have the money for one right now but as of now thats my plan...although might re weld this one and see what happens

· Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
[quote author=Mazda3Mods link=topic=136180.msg2935683#msg2935683 date=1234575762]
Adam, I can still get the cozzy. They are hard to track down, but possible.

Ship me the WR one, I just got my welder setup and would love to fix her :lol:.

Im sorry that happened bud, but I saw it coming when they made them.

RUK- jake broke his stock around 400whp (blew a hole out of it). Not sure what psi but I remember what hp lol.

what turbo are you running now adam? I read somewhere back in the day you were going to a 35r?

[/quote]

although the other jake made 430whp on stock manifold no problems i belive

i cracked it at 20psi on the gt28r, i was planning on putting my gt35r on this weekend and i might and just run 6psi which is what my tial spring is and put the stock manifold back on.

i also called them and they were like take a pic and send it to us and than we will send you a new one and in all honesty i dont want a new one i want a cossi

· Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
well alex the gt28r is off the car but its being put on my buddies sr20 sorry

i decided to say fuck it and put the gt35r on today, i jb welded the weapon r, instead of putting the stocker back on.....although it didnt hold up to boost very well...i was goin for 20psi on the 35r but all i could hit was 10 and than 6 and than all the jb was gone lol.

· Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
[quote author=slowmz3 link=topic=136180.msg2947584#msg2947584 date=1235066072]
sorry, first time to see the thread and i had to. i'll take this into major consideration when/if i go boost. defenitely won't do it on my nitrous setup.
[/quote]

i dont really see a problem with doin a nitrous set up, just more or less a boosted application where there is positive manifold pressure...like if i crack my throttle you can watch the hole manifold almost like bubble, so i dont think it really had to do so much with there welding abilities but more or less the materials that they used

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.