Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a no no but i have a question...

my garage is filled with my sisters stuff and i NEED to get a detail in... how important is it not to apply polish and wax in the sun??? is it more about the cool surface or does the UV rays do something? If its just about a cool surface since its cool outside here, wouldnt that be enough? I REALLY need to get it in...

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Do it right at sunrise, or right at sun down... Or you can even pull it off at night like me. :)

In the sun, it's going to be hard to apply the wax because it's going to dry fast and may leave streaking that will be hard to remove. That, and trying to wash your car in the hot sun is difficult since the soapy water dries fast, and so does the water leaving water spots.

Maybe wait for a cloudy day too. :)

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
[quote author=HouRman link=topic=66655.msg1143933#msg1143933 date=1168504328]
Do it right at sunrise, or right at sun down... Or you can even pull it off at night like me. :)

In the sun, it's going to be hard to apply the wax because it's going to dry fast and may leave streaking that will be hard to remove. That, and trying to wash your car in the hot sun is difficult since the soapy water dries fast, and so does the water leaving water spots.

Maybe wait for a cloudy day too. :)
[/quote]

+1

1 - 3 of 3 Posts