Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

So I've got a water leak in my 2011 mazda3. I gutted the interior of the car to find puddles of water sitting under the drive seat and in the floor or the driver side back seat. I was hoping after I removed everything I could find my leak by running the hose over the car. I've had no luck with narrowing it down. I cleaned out the ac drain, sun roof drain (at least what I think are drains), and the drains on the front windshield. Yall have any input?

Car spent 5ish years in Pennsylvania. And the last 5ish years here in Florida. Thought maybe the under side was rusting but it looks fine.

Any help appreciated! Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
It's almost assuredly the sunroof drains.

Take an air compressor and blow them out. You should hear air rushing in your wheel wells when they are clear.

·
Registered
212 Posts
What about the drains for the doors? There should be little rubber flaps over them, with a couple at the bottom of each door? Are you hosing the entire car? (e.g., all over the windows, so it runs into the doors)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I ran the hose over the entire car. I've test all drain hole that I could find everything drains accordingly. I actually think I found where its coming from. Never would of thought but the tail light is actually where I have traced the water to. I've pulled it off and the seal is basically nonexistent.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Also check the little rubber grommet that seals the electrical cable coming from the trunk lid into the trunk. It was leaking and for awhile fooled me into thinking it was the left tail light.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm no help, but following this. The same thing happened to my 08 Mazda3 last year. Gutted the inside, hosed the outside, haven't seen another drop of water inside since. Weirdest thing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts