Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here the story, I was bringing a 5 galleon bottle of water back from the supermarket. Turns out I didn't tighten the cap tight enough, and when I was going downhill, the bottle tips over and about 3 galleons of water gets spilled into my trunk and it continues to the front of the car.

The water in the trunk is easy enough to get out, since most of it ended up in the spare tire.. place.. thingy.

But some water ended up inside the rear foot air vents. I'm trying to get the water out by soaking it with a towel, but is there anything I should be worried about with (lots of) water in there? Anyone have a better idea of getting water out of the car? (Leaving it out in the sun with the doors open isn't exactly an option cause it's raining pretty heavily outside).

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
A wet/dry shop vac, or even better, a carpet shampoo vacuum, will help get most of the water out of the carpets. If you can park underneath something and crack your windows, that will help too.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Well when i rinse and vac my interior every year i always turn up the heater full blast on the floor vents, crack the windows and let it sit for about a half hour or so. That's just to get out the last bit of water the vac couldn't get up. Good luck if it comes down to it get a dehumidifier from a rental company and let it sit in your car for a day.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Use the heater on the floor vents...Otherwise, the rest you can get rid of with towells and other stuff.  No need to get a shop vac or carpet cleaner unless you still have standing water in the car.  After hard rains and bunches of people in my car during those rains I tend to use the air conditioning and have the windows open while driving for the following week to make sure everything is dry.

...and there are wires down there I believe...but they are coated so no worries. Just get the carpet dry or rust may form.

·
Registered
27 Posts
ShamWow and you'll be sayin wow everytime.

·
Registered
242 Posts
[quote author=lethrash link=topic=136487.msg2952646#msg2952646 date=1235258960]
[/quote]
Yeah, you've got to post a real time vid of you beating the hell out of that thing trying to get up the water!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[quote author=lethrash link=topic=136487.msg2952646#msg2952646 date=1235258960]
[/quote]

LOL

When I saw that commercial a few days ago, I really was thinking, "This would've been useful if my car is still wet."

I ended up baking my car in the sun after the rain cleared with the windows open just a slit, two days in the sun and it seemed dry. Hopefully there's no rust, if there is... well, no one can see it. :whistle2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts