Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I know there is "condensation in the headlights" thread, but I actually have small puddle of water in my tail light. The tail was lose a little bit after I put LED strips in, and I believe that is how the water got in ...anyone know whether it will eventually evaporate, and whether it can harm anything?

I am trying not to take it to the dealer, since I have a mod (a serious one) right in them.

Thanks

Igor

·
Registered
23,017 Posts
it might eventually turn into condensation and then evaporate but maybe take a hair dryer to it to help speed it up? and as far as it harming anything, I would be a little worried about a bulb busting if the water touches it but if the puddle stays in a corner or isn't near the lenses I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[quote author=stephanie link=topic=72068.msg1268869#msg1268869 date=1173967237]
it might eventually turn into condensation and then evaporate but maybe take a hair dryer to it to help speed it up? and as far as it harming anything, I would be a little worried about a bulb busting if the water touches it but if the puddle stays in a corner or isn't near the lenses I wouldn't worry about it.
[/quote]
yeah the water is at the bottom of the overall housing - out of the way of the lenses...

hopefully it will go away ..

Igor

·
Registered
23,017 Posts
yeah, I know that condensation in my tails gets on my nerves so I usually will use the hair dryer to dry it up. but if it doesn't bother you it will probably go away in a week or two depending on the weather.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts